Vittoria GRVL Wheelset
if you are looking for a decent upgrade to OE wheelset for your gravel bike, the quality of the Vittoria GRVL Wheelset exceeds it's price point. The durable alloy rims feature a 23mm internal width, so carrying 35-46 mm tires is feasible. The tubeless ready set-up is a hooked design, so you can opt for clincher and tube use if desired. Both front and rear feature 28 straight pull butted steel spokes, which strike a balance of stiffness and compliance that is just right for gravel use. This disc brake specific rims have a lower profile despite great strength, enabling fast acceleration and contributing to the adaptability for rough terrain. Is it a fast race wheelset, no, but a great training option.
The GRVL are built around Vittoria's stiff, alloy hubs, with the straight pull flanges that support high tension in a the 28 spoke 2x/2x lacing pattern all around. The thru-axle hubs are 12/100m front and 12/142mm rear spacing, and carry the Center Lock disc rotor spline interface. This set is equipped with the Shimano 11-speed freehub body, though a SRAM XDR option is made as well. The gray on black graphics package offers a great look that is somehow subtle and sharp at the same time.
- Alloy rim disc brake gravel wheelset with tubeless ready - hooked rim design
- Fast acceleration, nimble handling, with vertical compliance and lateral stiffness
- Disc-only rim features a 20mm profile, 23mm IRW, 26 ERW making it capable of carrying 35-46 mm tires
- Straight pull alloy disc hubs with 28 butted steel spokes, laced 2x/2x all-around
- Center Lock disc brake rotor interface
- Thru-axle diameters/widths: 12 or 15 /100mm front (has both sets of endcaps), 12/142mm rear
- Taped for tubeless use, DOES NOT include valves (recommend Stan's universal 44mm)
- Freehub: Shimano 11-speed
- Color: Black w/Gray
- Weight: Front 850g, Rear 980g