Wahoo DIRECT CONNECT Cable
Wahoo equipped the KICKR v5 with a jack for a wired connection. This the Direct Connect system. KICKR v5 has an RJ11 phone line port, usable via this Wahoo Direct Connect RJ45 ethernet dongle/jack adapter, which has a break-away connection inline for safety, and receives and RJ45 ethernet cable (provided by user). It has been designed for direct communication to some networks for Apps or programs- contingent on App/developer compatibility. This Direct Connect adapter was released Jan '21, with Wahoo KICKR v5 v4.2.1 firmware enabled at the same time).
At release there are very few options for using this connection system but at release RGT is compatible, and FulGaz, The Sufferfest, TrainerRoad are expected to be functional in beta, at least. Zwift tentatively expects to be App ready later in 2021. You will need to have updated software/firmware as available. Please check with individual App/Programs for current status.
- Cable/dongle system for Wahoo KICKR v5 port to connect to ethernet cable internet access
- The "cable" features two pieces:
- The first section has the RJ11 male jack for the KICKR v5 female RJ11 port
- The second section plugs into the first and has dongle with an RJ45 female ethernet cable port
- The system offers a break-away point in case you trip over it, like the KICKR's power cable
- See notes above about function and compatibility
- Not compatible with any other KICKR device at this time