Zipp 101 XPLR Disc Rear Wheel
The 101 XPLR is Zipp's first gravel specific wheel design, and one element of the SRAM XPLR gravel-focused line-up. It employs MOTO rim technology derives from their mountain bike system, so it can easily handle the demands of gravel and allroad surface conditions. This new release adds an exciting option for every gravel rider. More information will be posted as they are released, but listed here are some of Zipp's launch information details on the wheelset for you to enjoy.
The 101 XPLR is Zipp's first purpose-built wheelset for gravel. Thanks to MOTO Technology, this wheelset arms gravel cyclists with more control and durability over harsh terrain, providing a smooth ride quality that helps reduce rider fatigue. That means a more comfortable ride. Think of it as a magic carpet ride over primitive roads, especially with large tubeless tires at lower tire pressures. This wheelset is ideal for gravel racing, adventure or any long day in the saddle. Zipp's uses their ZR1 hubset for better seal design, improved durability, and quicker response with 66 points of engagement.
The MOTO Technology delivers a hookless tubeless system with 101 XPLR’s single-wall rim construction. The engineered result provides excellent compliance and vibration damping- just the same as in ZIpp's proven MOTO series mountain bike wheels. The 700c 101 XPLR features a 27mm internal rim width for a major range of tire sizes that suit allroad, gravel, bikepacking, and adventure riding.
- Zipp's first true gravel wheelset- low profile and wide, built to perform, be durable, resilient, and comfortable
- 27mm IRW delivers a major footprint for a wide range of tires sizes
- Hookless tubeless rim design featuring single-wall Zipp MOTO carbon rim technology and engineering
- Zipp's ZR1 increased durability over previous hub model, quick engagement from 6 pawls in 66 points in the rear hub design, for a responsive ride; oversized bearings, better seals
- 28 hole front and rear, laced 2x/2x with j-bend spokes
- Center Lock disc brake rotor interface; a lock ring is included
- Lifetime Warranty
- Size: 700c
- Options (freehub): SRAM XDR, SRAM-Shim HG11s road
- Color: Carbon/Gray
- Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 1665 grams (front and rear combined)