Zipp Cognition Freehub Body
Replacement freehub bodies for your Zipp Cognition hubs are rarely required, especially for wear, but available. More likely you are changing groupsets or drivetrain options.
With the Cognition hubset's Axial Clutch™ technology, Zipp reduced freehub drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. Testing shows that the best traditional three-pawl hub designs have twice the rotating friction as the Axial Clutch equipped Cognition rear hub, and the most popular hubsets using a similar drive mechanism as Axial Clutch were found to produce four times the rotating friction.
The Cognition freehub is straightforward to swap out, but we recommend you review Zipp's tech sheet or YouTube service video before working on it, even when swapping out freehubs from Shimano to Campy, or even changing to a SRAM XDR driver.
- Replacement freehub body for Zipp's Axial Clutch Cognition rear hubs
- Precision machined aluminum bodies specific to drivetrain
- Straightforward, but familiarize yourself using Zipp's online resources
- Includes all parts necessary for installation
- Options: Shimano/SRAM 11, Campagnolo 11/12, SRAM XDR
- Weight: varies by option