Zipp SL-70 Aero Handlebar
With its wing-shaped bar top, the SL-70 Aero features Zipp's latest bar refinements while building on the trend-setting aero legacy of the VukaSprint. This bar is the perfect mix of aerodynamics and stiffness with ergonomic shape. It's comfortable and at the same time proved to be the fastest road bar in the Zipp collection.
The bar's distinctive wing-shaped top designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the same software used to design Zipp Firecrest wheels. A traditional round-tube section creates drag of about 0.74 Newtons, which requires about 7.5 watts of effort at 30mph (48.3kph) to overcome. The airfoil developed in CFD that is used in the SL-70 Aero handlebar creates just 0.11N of drag, which means a savings of 6.4 watts over a round-tube section. This makes the watt savings similar to aero wheels or an aero frame.
Beyond aero performance, the SL-70 Aero features the a 70mm reach to allow proper fit without compromising stem length and steering control. A revised 10-degree ramp angle to the brake hoods eliminates the need for up-rotated bars. The bar also provides ample wrist clearance for riding and sprinting in drops. The SL-70 is UCI legal and used by world tour teams. Mechanics will like Zipp's Rapid Routing system, first developed for the Vuka Stealth integrated aero system, for easy internal cable routing. It is compatible with all mechanical brake/gear systems and all electronic gear systems.
- UD Carbon aero road handlebar with proven drag reductions, smart and easy routing
- Compatible with all mechanical brake/gear systems and all electronic gear systems
- Rapid Routing system for clean and easier internal routing
- Unidirectional carbon fiber construction for strength, comfort, vibration mitigation
- Drop: 70mm / Reach: 128mm
- Stem clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Outsweep: 4°
- Ramp angle: 10°
- Not compatible with clip-ons
- Sizes: 40, 42, 44 (center to center)
- Finish: Matte Black
- Weight: tbd