Zipp 303 Tubular Front Wheel
There are a lot of reason to buy the Zipp 303. By now everybody is familiar with the blunted Firecrest rim shape that increases aerodynamics, stability in crosswinds, brake performance and strength all at the same time. Black rim decals are borderless, thinner and lighter. But the most compelling reason to get the Zipp 303 is its incredibly low 575 gram weight for the front or 1310 grams per pair helps make the dream of a 14-pound bike a reality.
Firecrest's signature shaping is designed to optimize both halves of the wheel and balance the center of pressure. This creates a 45mm sectioned rim that is significantly faster than other deeper rims while handling crosswinds like a box-sectioned rim. Despite its ultra-light weight, the 303 is utterly dependable. In fact, the 303 is the first carbon wheel to win Paris-Roubaix and Tour of Flanders.
The new wheels retain all the small details that make Zipp wheels what they are. Exposed spoke nipples sit in the aerodynamic shadow of the rims, keeping serviceability simple without compromising speed. And Zipp's signature ABLC rim dimples squeeze every last second of performance possible.
- 18 spokes
- Swiss bearings
- 575 grams
- Valve extender and skewer included
- 45mm Rim depth and 28.5mm maximum width
- Carbon Bridge technology for rim strength
- Angled brake track for better brake modulation
- Redesigned tire bed for easier tubular installation
- Zipp black 88 hub with adjustable preload and larger axle
- VCLC system to reduce road vibration and increase ride quality
The Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubular has a 250 pound rider weight limit - Carbon brake pads are recommended