Hutchinson Secteur 28 Tubeless Tire
Aptly named after the sectors of Pave and cobbles in the famed Paris Roubaix classic, this tire is aimed to fulfill your needs on dirt, cobbles, rough pavement, chip seal and anything else you want to through at it. Interestingly enough, the Secteur 28 tires were originally designed for the FDJ racing team who were sponsored by Hutchinson for use in some European spring classics. They were never actually intended to be sold on a retail level, however, after witnessing significant growth in the tubeless tire market, Hutchinson decided to offer these for consumption by the general public.
The unique tread compound grips well in all conditions and has a very unique profile. The center bead is slick for fast rolling, while the corner bead has a micro, then macro dot-matrix like tread pattern for added grip when you're leaning the tire over in a turn.
The square carbon fiber bead profile on the Fusion 3 tubeless matches tubeless specific rims for the important lock-tight fit required for reliable performance on a tubeless system. Hutchinson is an innovator in tubeless technology and has lead the way with tubeless in the mountain arena and now are setting the standard in road tire innovation.
- Larger volume tubeless road tire with racing pedigree
- Designed for Classics season with pro teams
- Hutchinson tubeless squared bead
- Smooth/knurled tread pattern
- Durable casing
- Weight: 284 grams
AnonymousPosted on 10/6/2016
Although these tires were on sale for almost half price, I had very high expectations. I've never owned a $110 tire before. First, I'll have to say that these tires mounted very easily. And, once on, they roll extremely fast and feel great....probably one of the best rolling tires I've ever used. During the first handful (5) of rides, however, I have punctured this tire twice and had to make a patch repair within the tire because the holes were large enough that they wouldn't stay sealed. I admit that I am a tubeless novice. But for a tire that was supposedly named after and designed for cobbled sectors of Paris Roubaix, I have found that it cannot even hold up against the asphalt-paved roads of Colorado. I'll keep using the tire, and hoping for better luck, but I am already sick of having to hose myself and my bike down after repeated spraying with tire sealant at 100 psi.
Pros Easy to mount, great feeling and fast rolling.
Cons Very easy to puncture.
AnonymousPosted on 7/11/2015
- Easy to mount and inflate with floor pump
- The level of comfort and control over rough and chip-seal roads is remarkable when compared with 23, and even 25mm wide tires. I weigh 195 lbs, and at 100ps these tires (on Dura Ace and Ultegra tubeless wheels) roll very fast and greatly increase my confidence on rough central Illinois farm roads.
- Maybe not as durable as, say Conti 4000s, but seem as durable as any other tubeless tire I have ridden (including Maxxis Padrone, Hutchinson Intensive)
- At under $70.00 on sale, these tires are a steal. If you weigh over 175 lbs and ride over rough roads, these tires are a revelation. You will not be disappointed!
Pros Comfortable, easy to mount
Cons Cant think of any, especially if you can get