Despite excellent and considerable competition, our best selling chamois creme is still made by Assos, in it's 5th generation formula. The Swiss company is now offering a Women's version of the venerable chamois creme in the popular 200ml size. Assos Chamois Creme relies on natural extracts to protect the skin from irritation due to friction and the build-up of bacteria, with the overall goal of healthy skin by eliminating the risk of saddle sores and discomfort. The same principles and ingredients are utilized in this Women's version with a couple of differences.
If we have heard one consistent complaint from women about the unisex Assos creme, it is that the menthol causes too much tingling and often, irritation of soft tissue. Although menthol is still used and has truly practical antibacterial properties, the concentration has been lowered. Second, the overall ph was lowered, which also lessens the tingling effect of the menthol, and is more neutral on soft tissue.
What many men and women truly love about Assos Chamois Creme is that although the mixture protects and moisturizes the skin, it is not greasy or oily. There is no perfume scent either. Assos states that their formula works best with the material of their chamois pads, and perhaps that is true, but we have found it works well with most pad types and materials. There is no single perfect way to apply the creme. Assos recommends applying a light layer directly onto the skin where the chamois sits, or onto the chamois itself. If you do have sensitivity despite the changes designed with women in mind, anecdotal evidence from both men and women with such issues informs us that applying directly to the chamois, perhaps the night or a few hours before your ride may be very helpful. For those invested in the details (if not the proportions or amounts), we are providing the ingredient list below.Return to Top
- Women's specific version of Assos Chamois Creme
- Non-greasy, non-perfumey creme that with antibacterial, and anti-friction properties to keep your skin healthy, saddle sore-free
- Less menthol and lower ph than standard version- less tingling sensation
- Apply to skin or to chamois pad in thin layer based on preference
- Made with natural extracts
- Ingredients: Aqua, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Vegetable oil, Phenoxyethanol, Menthyl Lactate, Panthenol, Stearyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone/ Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate crosspolymer, Ribes Nigrum Seed oil, Stearic acid, Hamamelis Virginiana water, Menthol, Parfum, Helianthus Annuus Seed oil unsaponifiables, Alcohol denat., Cardiospermum Halicacabum flower/leaf/vine extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed oil, Tocopherol, Citric acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf extract
- Jar size: 200ml