Campagnolo Bora WTO 45 Disc Wheelset
If you are a dedicated Campagnolo cyclist who seeks optimal performance in a mid-profile disc brake carbon wheelset, the Italian company has an ideal set you should covet and invest in. The Bora WTO 45 Disc Wheelset is Campagnolo's medium profile race disc wheelset with tested aero properties. Each component of this wheel has been optimized in the wind tunnel in order to improve its aerodynamic performance and perform at the highest level. The design of the rim itself enables maximum aerodynamic penetration, and is designed to make the wind a real asset at 12° and 19° angles, for both stability and thrust speed. It was conceived for both road racing and triathlon use and is an ideal race wheelset for almost any course or event where the fine balance of aero speed and active control and handling is a must.
The wheel features carbon rims with a unidirectional aerodynamic finish, new aerodynamic aluminium hubs, and the ceramic USB cup-and-cone bearing system: every design choice has been made with a view to optimizing performance. The profile of the rim, which has an internal diameter of 19mm, corresponds perfectly with 23-28mm tires. The rims themselves are 2-Way Fit tubeless-ready models that can be run with a tube, but the added reduction in rolling resistance and better feel overall makes installing the included tubeless valves and your favorite tubeless tires well worth it. While the key purpose of these wheels is to deliver extreme performance, safety is also guaranteed thanks to the 24 front and 24 rear specific G3 disc brake spoking systems to ensure balanced tension and the proper force distribution for safe braking in all conditions.
At 1524 grams for the wheelset, this is practical option for cyclists who require just as much efficiency while climbing as they do stability and control while descending, while maintaining aero performance throughout with greater speed for flat and rolling terrain. The 45mm profile wheel structure ensures there is no energy dissipation when transferring all the energy produced by the cyclist to the road surface, yet the for a medium profile rim, it rides smoother and more forgiving than you'd expect. The Bora WTO 45 Disc Brake wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialized Campagnolo technician and is 100% checked by electronic instrumentation. This procedure ensures that every single Campagnolo wheel offers maximum performance and reliability.
- 45mm depth aerodynamic triathlon/road race disc brake wheelset
- Campagnolo 2-Way Fit clincher/ tubeless ready sealed rim, with tubeless valves
- Disc specific aero rim: 45mm height, C19mm internal width, 26.5mm max external width
- All components optimized in wind tunnel to ensure aerodynamic performance
- 24-spoke elliptical cross section results in a far superior rolling resistance
- Machined aluminium monolithic hub w/ oversized alloy axle; straight pull flanges for G3 lacing system
- Ultra Smooth bearing (USB) cup-and-cone steel/ceramic bearing system
- Lacing is G3 disc front and rear specific with 24 steel aero spokes
- External Campagnolo steel nipples
- Designed for 12/100mm front and 12/142mm thru-axle use
- Includes: Tubeless valves, tube-type valve extenders, bushing for valve hole, tire levers
- Disc rotor interface: Center Lock style (includes alloy lockrings)
- Clincher/Tubeless tire size range: 23-28mm
- Freehub: Campagnolo
- Finish: Dark Label (Water Transfer graphic) on Carbon Gloss
- Weight: 1524 grams (bare, actual)