The AB09 has been Cervelo's go-to aero road handlebar for some time, first used on the on the S-series aero road bikes. Now with gravel and allroad bikes dominant players in the market, the AB09 is now available in a new variation, with a flared drop, which allows the rider to have a wider weight distribution over rougher surfaces while in the drops, for greater stability and more confident control. The 16 degree flare offers a reasonable set-up, while still providing an actual handling benefit.
Made with UD carbon, and a mild top aero profile, the AB09 Flared is both stiff under load and comfortable, with excellent hand and lever positioning. It is fully Di2 compatible with internal routing and sets-up well with any of todays' road lever designs. A compact design with an effective 128mm drop and 80mm reach, the AB09 hits the sweet spot of room and proximity for fast and safe hand transitions.
Cervelo uses textured surfaces at the stem and lever clamping zones for optimal hold over the roughest roads, where the vibration mitigation properties of the carbon lay-up are also apparent.Return to Top
- UD carbon aero road bar carried into the gravel realm with flared drops, traditional compact measurements, and routing features
- Top shape offers proven aero design with clean ergonomics and feel
- Flared drops at 16 degrees provide a wider hand position for greater stability and control on rougher surfaces
- Designed for internal routing through Cervélo's ST31/ST32 series stems
- Features internal routing for all systems
- Reach: 80mm
- Drop: 128mm
- Flare:16 degrees
- Lightweight and stiff under load, with excellent vibration reduction
- Textured zones at stem and lever clamp zones for sure hold without over tightening
- Sizes: 38, 40, 42, 44 cm (measured C-C at lever mount)
- Finish: UD Carbon with Black Gloss
- Weight: 285 grams (42cm)