Caledonia 105 R7020 Disc Bicycle 2022
Note: Component Specifications are subject to change due to supply chain challenges.
Great performance and function at an accessible price. This is the purpose of the Caledonia 105 Bicycle, which is essentially unchanged for 2022, but features new color options. Cervelo's drive to create the race infused "modern road" Caledonia-series was inspired and informed by several factors. One was to develop a Paris-Roubaix capable bike for the Spring Classics, with their blend of pavement, hardpack dirt, old roads, and of course, cobblestones. Another was the realization that many cyclists deal with forced and optional transitional surfaces such as beat-up urban roads, country lanes, and hopefully some smooth, fast pavement. The now common road disc brake bikes can feature higher volume tires that can handle that versatility, and we all now know that larger tires can be an asset in almost every situation, features lower rolling resistance, offer comfort stability and control. This great riding bike delivers versatility, speed and pure enjoyment.
To create road race-level performance in a frameset design that can accommodate 700x34 tires, a new geometry was required, and while pure road race designs for pavement can have fast handling, that affects stability when multi-surface versatility is required. The Caledonia-series meets these requirements, while also delivering necessary compliance, excellent power transfer, and a handling balance that still allows for fast, tight corners and curving descents, while delivering safer control when needed. This is truly a modern road design, built for serious enthusiasts, racers, and any road cyclist who loves to string together rides that aren't limited to smooth pavement.
The geometry is executed so the top-level Caledonia 5 and the standard Caledonia are the same, and both offer fit ranges within Cervelo's size ranges for most cyclists without compromising feel or handling. The Stack and Reach measurements, seat tube angles, and headtube lengths either match or are super close to the R-Series. The front-center, headtube angle and fork rake are different to accommodate the tire volume and steering, while bottom bracket height is reasonably low. All ensure proper handling and stability. It is important to note that standover height is taller than same-size R-Series due to the tire size capability and necessary clearance. The frame is still sloping, yet sits taller off the ground.
There are differences between the Caledonia frameset and it's 5-level sibling. Some cyclists considering a Caledonia model might strongly appreciate that this frame has a standard round tapered steerer tube and wire/housing routing instead of the 5-level's fully integrated, proprietary system. Any normal bar, stem, or round 27.2mm seatpost can be used. You aren't sacrificing tire clearance, fender/accessory mounts, or ride quality. There are some carbon and construction changes as a result, and the standard Caledonia frame is 95 grams heavier and less aero up front, but the cost, simplicity and features are yours choice to make. The evolved geometry is here for a more stable, sure-handling ride over long hours of multi-surface riding. The proper carbon lay-up for deflection, control, and compliance is just as well balanced. Cervelo measures the stiffness ratings of both framesets as the same at 222 Nm/mm BB / 105 Nm/deg.
The Caledonia has internal routing through the downtube and access plates for wires, cables, housing and hydraulic hose, and can be built as a 1x or 2x mechanical or electronic drivetrain. The front derailleur tab can be removed for a clean look with a 1x set-up. The full carbon tapered Caledonia specific fork features internal routing, Flat Mount set-up for disc calipers, and a 12/100mm thru-axle interface. Integrated fender mounts make for a clean install and you can run up to a 700x31mm tire with fenders- front and rear. The frameset comes with an IS-2 headset, and uses a 27.2mm round seatpost. The rear dropout is for a 12/142mm thru-axle. Cervelo supplies their lever action, Indexed Thru-Axles front and rear.
Shimano's 105 R7020/R7000 2x11 groupset features cable actuated shifting and hydraulic hose with full internal integration but the frameset can be used any other 1x/2x group- mechanical or electronic. Full build specs are listed below, and all cyclists know Ultegra is the best value in cycling, delivering consistent, precise shifts and exceptional overall reliability. Add in the Cervelo cockpit components and a Alexrims Boondocks-5D wheelset, and you have a modern road bike that delivers great rides time and time again.Return to Top
- Versatile "modern road" bike with race integrity, new geometry, increased tire clearance, quick but stable handling, tuned ride and stiffness for gran fondo type endurance events and long, hard multi-surface rides
- Shimano 105 11-spd R7020/R7000 mechanical shift/hydraulic disc brake groupset
- Standard tapered headtube and round fork steerer, w/ standard threadless stem
- Frameset stiffness rating: 222 Nm/mm BB / 105 Nm/deg
- Lower modulus carbon in key areas complements the high modulus materials ensure resilience, compliance
- Proper blend of Squoval and aero tube designs, matched to function/use/needs of Caledonia
- Full carbon tapered Caledonia fork (IS2 1? x 1½ headset), thru-axle dropout, Flat Mount disc
- Frame/fork accept 700x34mm tires, 700x31mm use w/ fenders on integrated frame/fork mounts
- Fork features aero integration to downtube with larger, stouter crown design
- Large downtube BBright shell transition deftly into oversized dropped chainstays
- Carbon lay-up, tube design, round seatpost, larger volume tires contribute to compliance
- Internal, integrated wire/cable/hose options for 1x, 2x drivetrains (w/removable FD mount)
- Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever: 12/100mm fork, 12/142mm rear
- Frameset: Caledonia carbon ; tapered head tube, 12/142mm rear thru-axle dropout, Flat Mount disc
- Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered Caledonia, 12/100mm thru-axle dropout, Flat Mount disc
- Groupset: 11-Speed Shimano 105 R7020/R7000
- R7020 Dual Control mechanical shift/hydraulic disc brake levers
- R7020 Flat Mount Disc Brake calipers, RT66 6-bolt 160mm rotors
- R7000 braze-on Front Derailleur, Rear Derailleur (up to 34T cassette)
- R7000 Hollowtech II Crankset, 52-36T, Cervelo JY-BB 24 bottom bracket
- R7000 11-34 cassette, CN-601 11-spd Chain
- Wheelset: Alexrims Boondocks-5D (28h F/R, 2x all), 6-bolt, TLR, 21mm internal width
- Tires: Vittoria Zaffiro Pro V Folding G2.0 30c tires w/tubes
- Cervelo Cockpit: Alloy road bar, Alloy stem, Alloy 27.2mm seatpost, Cervelo saddle
- Cervelo Accessories: Faceplate Front Comp/Acc Mount, Rear Acc Mount, Removable Fender Mounts, toptube Bento box mount
- Note: Component Specifications are subject to change without notice due to supply chain challenges
- Component specifics by frame size:
- 48cm Bar: 38c-c, Stem: 80mm, Crank: 165mm
- 51cm Bar: 40c-c, Stem: 90mm, Crank: 170mm
- 54cm/56cm Bar: 42c-c, Stem: 100mm, Crank: 172.5mm
- 58cm/61cm Bar: 44-c-c, Stem: 110mm, Crank: 175mm
- Sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm (48, 51 have Zero offset seatpost)
- Color: Gloss Black
- Weight: 19.3 lbs (51cm)
|Top Tube Length||502mm||522mm||543mm||565mm||581mm||598mm|
|Head Tube Length||89.5mm||109.9mm||136mm||162.3mm||191.2mm||217.5mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||76.5mm||76.5mm||74mm||74mm||71.5mm||71.5mm|