Continental Terra Trail ProTection Tire
Continental's Terra line-up fills the void between cyclocross and mountain models to truly serve the gravel market with tread designs that are new, yet are properly informed by years of cross and mountain tire construction, performance and competitive success. The Terra Trail Protection definitely is greater defined by mountain use, with a hint of cross in the center zone. The Made in Germany model features the best performance build, rubber, and design that the cycling experts at Continental can deliver.
Continental's BlackChili compound ensures that the Terra Trail has exceptionally low rolling resistance, yet offers phenomenal grip in wet or dry circumstances. With proprietary synthetic and natural rubber compounds, the secret to the properties of BlackChili comes from special nanometric carbon soot particles, which are optimized in shape and surface properties for each tire it is used in. The tread is a little beefier and bolder than then the Terra Speed- capable of handling more aggressive gravel terrain. It rolls fast but never sacrifices grip and traction just for speed. The larger series of different knob shapes, layout, and features ensure you won't get bogged down in random loose or soft material, that you will corner with confidence, and feel in control. Tubeless use allows you to drop pressures and use a greater footprint for all conditions thanks to the carry of the tread well onto and over the shoulder edge of the rounded design.
When matching this specific compound with the all-round ProTection casing, a puncture protection layer that is durable, yet light and supple enough to keep the tire weight manageable, Continental delivers an exceptional performance tire. The patterned ProTection sidewall design gives away the casing, but that protection runs throughout the tire, not just the sidewalls. ProTection level tires now all feature the Revolution Tubeless Ready Bead, which makes tubeless set-up quick and easy, and having the ability to run the open tread pattern tubeless at slightly lower pressures, along with the BlackChili grip is what allows the Terra Trail Protection Tire to be so much effective in so many conditions than you'd expect to find a pretty fast rolling, but highly capable tire.
- Trail-oriented gravel tire with enhanced grip and wear capabilities, a smoother ride
- Rolls fast, yet very capable tire in hard, rough and loose conditions that require more hook-up
- BlackChili proprietary synthetic and natural rubber compounds, with special nanometric carbon soot particles that produce a final rubber with inherently unique qualities
- The compound wears well, without a drop in quality as it is used
- Lower series of shaped center section knobs that offer grip and speed, with transitional knobs to the outer, more aggressive knobs that are still shaped for effective cornering on all surfaces
- ProTection puncture protection layer that is durable, yet light and supple, offers real sidewall abrasion and puncture resistance- crucial in lower volume tubeless use
- Sidewall layer features visible RaceFlag checkered surface
- 3 ply/180 tpi casing offers more volume, damping the ride and greater flexibility on mixed surfaces
- Revo Tubeless Ready bead, with folding Aramid bead core
- Revo Sealant recommended for optimal results
- 27.5/650b option: 40mm (44-73 psi, 320g)
- 700c option: 40mm (44-73 psi, 440g)
- Colors: Black/Black, Black/Cream
- Made in Germany