Deda Elementi Zero 100 RHM Handlebar
Compact handlebars come in many shapes and sizes. The term "compact" is hardly a standard. Deda's updated Zero 100 RHM aluminum bar is a truly compact design, and features their RHM (rapid hand movement) concept. With a 75mm reach and 130mm drop, the Zero 100 has ideal dimensions and shapes for moving quickly from one hand position to another. More importantly from a user and bike fit perspective, the bar sets up perfectly with current shifter body designs to allow for better positioning and fit, while ensuring proper weight distribution over the front wheel for most cyclists.
The triple-butted 7075-T6 alloy construction ensures great strength and stiffness, especially at the clamping zones, but also keeps the weight low with significant fatigue resilience. The bar shapes are generally rounded, and when wrapped the bar feels very natural in the hands. The drop itself is actually a fairly round shape at first glance, but as you look more closely, you see the increasing radius towards the top, which provides better shift/brake lever access for any size hands. There is no anatomic shaping, but the curve drop offers aggressive hand positions that are still comfortable. The ends of the drop have a slightly larger diameter, so you feel where the bar ends, and is also easier to grip when you power down in a sprint.
With short distances and smooth transitions between hand position options, you can see RHM at work. Today's shift levers set up long and flat, so a compact bar with a short reach allows most riders to run a longer stem to achieve the same effective reach to the up-curve of the lever hood shape. This keeps some weight on the wheel where you need it for handling and control, and distributes your body weight over the center of the bike for better overall balance and cornering grip. You also won't be cramped to the top of the bar, while over-reaching for the shifter. These developments are crucial for rider comfort and demonstrate how components integrate for optimal use. The Deda Zero 100 RHM features the same drop and reach measurements for all width options. Please keep in mind that Deda measures their bars outside to outside, so a 46cm is comparable to a 44 center to center bar. Deda also uses 31.7mm as their named diameter, but virtually all 31.8mm stems work perfectly with Deda bars. If you want a high performance alloy bar with a short reach and drop, the Zero 100 should be at the top of your list.
- Updated alloy handlebar with compact design, optimized for clean shifter set-up and ease of moving from one ergonomic position to another
- Deda RHM shape eases hand transitions from on section to another
- Constructed from 7075-T6 triple-butted aluminum alloy, black anodized finish
- Compatible with most 31.8mm clip-on aerobars
- Increasing radius drop for reduced reach to shift/brake levers
- Under groove for housing runs, Di2 wire holes near end of drops
- Excellent curve side markings for accurate lever set-up
- NOT grooved for recessed housing
- Drop: 130mm
- Reach: 75mm
- Diameter: 31.7mm
- Sizes: 40, 42, 44, 46 cm (measured outside to outside, at drop)
- Colors: Matte Black (gloss black center section), Black on Black (BOB)
- Weight: 248 grams (42cm)