ENVE SES AR Handlebar
The rapid development of not only gravel, but true allroad cycling has inspired some fantastic new handlebar options, and Enve, whose AR wheels have been around a few years and have already had success with their G-Series Gravel Handlebar, has created the SES AR Handlebar. With more road bikes allowing for tires 28-32mm tires, even 34mm in some cases, the lines between smooth pavement, country roads and hardpack gravel have blurred. Having a compact aero road bar, with an allroad drop flare, and carbon laminate construction that has been optimized to mitigate rougher surface conditions is ideal for these very capable disc brake road bikes.
In keeping with the AR and aero combination, the SES AR Handlebar has been designed for full hidden wire and hose integration, even with many bikes that have the most complete, internal integration systems, but can be just as easily used with traditional cable and housing shift systems. The compact drop is 127mm, with a 76mm reach; the latter perfect with today's shifter body shapes and the former enables a reasonable lower position but with fast and clean hand transitions.
The drop flare is a reasonable 23.6°, which adds 5mm of width to the bar size as measured center-to-center at the lever mounts. It is an ideal extra width for lowered stability when descending or cornering on rougher surfaces, without going to the gravel bar width flare extreme. As this is Enve the bar has some excellent details, with a semi-ergo aero flat-top, and ergo bends in the drops that allow easy access to brake levers and semi-defined hand positions. The carbon laminate soaks up vibration but the bar has great stiffness under load. Simply put, this a great 260 gram (42cm) allroad carbon handlebar from a company that knows riders, handlebars, carbon construction, and aerodynamics and we think it is a perfect fit for the burgeoning road/allroad market.
- Allroad aero carbon handlebar, ergo flat-top design, with compact Drop/Reach
- AR specific geometry, shaping, and drop flare for confidence inspiring comfort and control
- AR specific full-carbon laminate and construction
- Carbon laminate optimized to smooth out even the roughest roads
- Hidden wire/hose routing compatible (see stem direct integration compatibility below)
- Bar tape termination step for clean taping
- Grit-textured handlebar and lever clamp zones
- Reach: 76mm
- Drop: 127mm
- Drop flare: 18°
- Handlebar clamp: 31.8mm
- Lifetime Incident Protection and 5-Year Factory Warranty
- Sizes (c-c) width at hoods (width at drops): 40(45)cm, 42(47)cm, 44(49)cm), 46(51)cm
- Finish: UD carbon / Gloss black
- Weight: 260 grams (42cm)
As of 10/15/2020, the SES AR Handlebar is known to be compatible with the following integrated stem/frame systems: