Edge 840 GPS Computer
We will update this copy with more details in the day following Garmin's official release.
Garmin's touchscreen Edge 830 GPS bike computer has been the best selling such mid-size unit since it's release. With newer hardware in play, and greater GPS accuracy, welcome to the Garmin Edge 840® GPS Computer. With the Edge 840 you get a USB-C interface, and the latest superior positional accuracy- even in the most challenging environments, thanks to multi-band GNSS technology. On your daily rides, you, like many of your cohort, want to go further and train harder to maximize your capabilities and seek the best support, GPS accuracy, and a suite of overall head unit and app-based tools to get you there. That is why you need a cycling computer with a touchscreen and button controls, advanced navigation and targeted adaptive coaching.
The Edge 840 cycling computer can offer this targeted adaptive approach when used with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor. It can help you manage your efforts by providing power targets throughout a course, plus stamina insights, so you know how much fuel your body has left to tap into. Whether you’re riding roads, trails, gravel or dreaming of those while riding indoors, you can benefit from insights and workouts that will help you understand your strengths and weaknesses to prepare for upcoming races or personal milestones.Return to Top
- Advanced GPS cycling computer with touchscreen and button control combines superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, cycling awareness and smart connectivity
- Battery life: up to 26 hours in demanding use cases; up to 42 hours in battery saver mode
- View daily suggested workouts and training prompts on screen; based on your event, get personalized coaching that adapts to your current training load and recovery when riding with a compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
- Find your way in the most challenging environments with multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy
- See remaining ascent and grade when climbing so you can gauge your effort with the ClimbPro ascent planner, now available on every ride — no course required; view on your Edge® device and in the Garmin Connect™ app on your smartphone for ride planning
- Classify your strengths as a cyclist, and compare your cycling ability to the demands of a specific course, so you can focus your training and improvement in the right areas, when paired with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
- Manage your efforts with the power guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course, when paired with your compatible power meter
- Get stamina insights while you ride, so you can keep an eye on how much longer you can really push it, when paired with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
- Stay on top of your training program with prompts to complete missed workouts
- Ride like a local, whatever your bike type, with improved ride type-specific maps that highlight popular roads and trails plus searchable points of interest
- Simplified setup and a streamlined interface make it quick and easy to access the information, courses and tools you need and even adjust data fields right from the Edge® device or from your paired smartphone
- Through the Garmin Connect™ app on your smartphone, pair with your favorite apps and platforms, including Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks® and many more"
- Head unit dimensions: 2.3" (57.8 mm)" W x 3.4" (85.1 mm) L x 0.8" (19.6 mm) D
- Battery: Internal Rechargeable Lithium Ion Cell
- Battery life: up to 26 hours in demanding use | Up to 42 hours in battery saver mode
- Memory: 16GB
- In the box: Edge 840® unit, out-front mount, standard mount, safety tether, USB-C cable, documentation
- Color: Black
- Weight: 80.3 grams (head unit only)