Speed and safety are a tenuous pairing. We know that we take risks to find speed and we accept the tradeoff, however we do seek to mitigate the risks and keep ourselves whole race again, to enjoy our time with friends and family. Advances in equipment, if not our judgment, make much of this possible. The MiPS protection system has added a measurable element of brain health and safety to every helmet that was designed to accommodate it. Giro has adopted MiPS for many helmet models and we are pleased to see it in aerodynamic road and TT/Tri designs. The Aerohead Ultimate moved the needle a step forward with speed and added MiPS. Now Giro offers the Aerohead MiPS aero helmet with the same wind tunnel and real world proven leading edge shape of the Ultimate, but has added both safety and comfort with ventilation with the 4 WindTunnel™ vents providing inflow to internal channeling that circulates and releases incoming air to keep you as cool and dry as possible on the Kona lava fields.
The Aerohead helmet shape includes a massive, full 180° shield with optics by Zeiss. The vented shield integrates perfectly with the helmet and its magnetic anchor attachment system ensures smooth transitions throughout and allows the shield to flip up for storage as well. The actual helmet shape is pure aero, but in some ways evocative of standard road helmet with limited ventilation. The polycarbonate shell and In-Mold construction provide the standard CPSC-required impact protection. With the addition of the MiPS layer and Giro's secure, comfortable Roc-Loc Air retention system, the Aerohead is about as safe as an aero helmet can be. This is all augmented by Giro's Super Fit™ engineering, which ensures that the three available sizes fit the best range of head sizes and shapes with the necessary comfort and security.
If you are a competitive triathlete who needs an aero helmet that serves to keep you as cool as possible, while offering as much safety as possible, you will hard put to find a better option than the Aerohead MiPS. With technology proven to reduce shearing forces on the brain in case of impact, and ventilation that can prevent overheating in the most challenging heat conditions and offer incredible visibility. Safety, safety safety, and aerodynamics that saves you watts and increases speed by lowering drag. Speed and safety, hand in hand. The rest is up to you.Return to Top
- Compact aero helmet, proven leading-edge shape, integrated shield design, MiPS
- Ideal for longer TT and Triathlon events in hot weather, or any time of the year
- Zeiss Optics shield with magnetic anchor attachment system, 180° vision
- Same wind-cheating silhouette as the leading-edge Aerohead Ultimate
- 4 WindTunnel vents with internal channeling and exhaust to keep you cool
- Proven to boost cooling power while remaining aerodynamic
- Polycarbonate shell, In-Mold construction, MiPS layer
- Super Fit engineering, RocLoc Air retention system
- Vented shield, vented over brow, shell venting
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Colors: Matte Black/Ti, Matte Black/VRM, Matte White/Turqoise/VRM, White/Silver
- Weight: 469 grams (Medium)
|Head Circumference||51-55 cm / 20"-21.75"||55-59 cm / 21.75"-23.25"||59-63 cm / 23.25"-24.75"|