LOOK Keo Classic 3 Plus Pedals
The LOOK Keo Classic 3 Plus pedals offer a real step up from the Classic 3 with stainless plates creating the direct interface with cleats, which optimizes pedal stiffness and hence the transfer of power from you to your bike. These plates also improve pedal durability and actually reduce cleat wear as well. Like the Classic 3, the Classic 3 Plus are clearly aimed at an economical pedal choice, but the amount of performance they pack is astonishing and value is increased from a durability perspective. Otherwise both models are virtually the same, as the Plus pedals feature a robust and corrosion-resistant chromoly axle, molded composite body, dual bearings, and large contact area despite the compact size. They fit a wide range of users from starters to sport riders and at just 140 grams each for the pedals, lightweight performance has never been so accessible.
The Keo 3 Classic Plus offers full functionality with adjustable 8-12Nm release tension, full Keo cleat options for different angular float requirements (comes with a set of Grey Keo cleats with 4.5° of float), and excellent functionality. The composite pedal bodies ride on an inboard sealed cartridge bearing, countered by a roller bearing that sits near the end of the chromoly axle, for smooth feel and low friction while pedaling.The stack height is fairly low at 15.7mm and the center of the body sits at 53mm from the crank arm, which is the same as the company's full-on race designs.
If you are just getting started with road cycling and want to get used to riding road pedals for a while before spending the big bucks, it is almost impossible to beat the combination of durability, functionality, light weight, power transfer, and low to moderate release tension from this Keo series design. The Keo Classic 3 Plus Pedals are ideally prepped and priced, so fit up some road shoes, mount your cleats, practice a little and enjoy the connected, efficient experience of a true road pedal, from the company that brought the concept to life, LOOK.
- Plus model offers extra, stainless steel top plates rather than composite, optimizes pedal stiffness and hence the transfer of power from you to your bike
- Dual material composite body is light, stiff, and strong; has textured center surface
- Stainless top plates for stiffness, durability and power transfer
- Chromoly axle is strong, and resists corrosion
- Inboard bearing is a sealed cartridge type, complemented with center needle bearing
- 53mm from crankarm to center of pedal body
- 15.7mm stack height when cleats are mounted
- 400 mm² of surface area contact (cleat to pedal)
- 60mm platform width
- 8Nm to 12Nm adjustable spring tension for ease of float/release
- Installs with hex key from back of crank arm, no wrench flats on axle
- Includes: grey Keo Grip cleats with 4.5° of angular float, hardware
- Color: Black
- Weight: 140 grams per pedal, 280g per pair (350g total w/cleats/hardware)