At the very top of LOOK's MTB pedal offering sits this X-Track Race Carbon Ti. The pedal body offers a class leading 515mm2 surface area, effected mostly through a body width of 60mm on this top tier pair of X-Track Race Pedals. The added width offers greater power distribution with the shoe making greater contact with the pedal, which also can improve rider stability. Cornering and ground clearance are pretty standard. Our feeling is that many shoe companies offering competition shoes that are more walkable for the multi-day epic crowd, more stability, pedal contact and transmission force is positive, and limits hot spots is shoes that have moderate overall sole stiffness.
The X-Track Race Carbon Ti MTB Pedal set features a pressure molded carbon composite body, which reduces weight without compromising stiffness. A chromoly steel axle via sealed inboard cartridge bearing and outboard needle/bushing system that has tested to a high durability level with low friction. The plated steel cleat engagement mechanism appears to be very similar to Shimano's mountain system, even down to the 3mm spring tension adjustment bolt. The Nm range for that spring load is 6-14Nm. The sculpted retention plates and open body design allow for crucial mud shedding.
The pair weighs in at 296 grams for the pedals alone. The steel X-Track cleats use the SPD 2- bolt standard, feature 6 of angular float, and weigh about 100 grams with all the hardware added in. Stack height with the cleats is 16.8mm. Available with either a black or red anodized body finish, the X-Track MTB Race Carbon Ti pedal makes for a serious player for riders who seek the larger, stiffer platform surface, without sacrificing stiffness or performance.Return to Top
- Large shoe/pedal surface contact improves stability, power transfer, especially important with moderately stiff outsoles
- Larger contact zone appeals to adventure, endurance, and XC race/trail riders, as well as bike commuters and clipless pedal users who prefer a dual sided MTB system
- 515mm2 pedal to shoe contact surface from 60mm wide platform design
- Lightweight carbon body, titanium axle, dual sealed systems- cartridge inboard, needle bearing outboard
- Plated chromoly steel engagement system w/ 6-14Nm spring tension adjustment
- Steel X-Track cleats feature 6mm of angular float, 2-bolt mounting system
- Stack height with pedal and cleat: 16.8mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 143 grams (single pedal)