Shimano 105 BB-5500 Bottom Bracket
The Shimano 105 BB-5500 bottom bracket is a hard-to-find 109.5mm Octalink V1 bottom bracket. The pipe-billet spindle has eight 9mm deep splines and only fits older Shimano cranks - many of the 9 speed 105 (not all), Ultegra and Dura-Ace variety. The BB comes in two pieces - the drive side cup and then the rest of the bottom bracket. Thread the BB into place and then secure the drive side cup and your good to go - no further adjustment is required.
Shimano has stopped producing the Ultegra and Dura-Ace versions. This is the only V1 Octalink bottom bracket available, so if you need one to service an older drivetrain, it is your only Shimano-packaged option sold as new.
- V1 Octalink threaded, hollow-end, spline BB compatible with V1 9spd road cranksets
- BSC (English) thread only, for 68mm threaded road bottom bracket shells
- Spindle: Eight shallow 9mm splines (V1) on steel spindle
- Sealed, non-serviceable sealed steel cartridge bearings
- Two pieces: integrated body/drive-side threaded cup, non-drive cup is separate piece
- Splined cups installed with Park BBT-22, left side can also be installed with BBT-18
- Note: Octalink crank arms are installed with bolts at BB center of each pedal arm, and can only be removed with a threaded extractor tool such as the Park CCP-44 after removing the crank bolts
- Compatibility: 9spd 105 (many), Ultegra, Dura-Ace, and Ritchey Octalink V1 cranksets
- Length options: 109.5mm (double), 118.5mm (triple)
- Weight: 255 grams (109.5mm)
- Made in Japan