Park Tool 451-2 Storage Hook- Wood Thread 2-Pack
Looking to hang two bike s in your garage or basement to save space? The simplest, yet effective method of bike storage is the use of wall mounted hook, which is generally done to hang a bike vertically by a wheel. The most common hook used is designed to thread directly into wood walls, frames or studs. Park Tool has always provided bike storage hook options to bike shops and consumers and the 451 Wood Storage Hook has been the most popular with consumers. Sold here as a pack of two hooks, you can quickly and easily get your garage organization started.
The 451 Wood Storage Hook has a hook shape with 2.185" max width within the hook zone, ideally for tires up to about 1.95" max width. The inside depth of the hook is about 3.74", so side access is very reasonable when positioning for hanging road, hybrid, or cyclocross bikes. Most mountain bike tires up to 2" will work, but can be tight. Park coats the steel hook with a durable vinyl that will help protect your rim finish and structure. The threaded zone is not covered, and the wood screw thread is nominally 7mm outside diameter, with 9 threads per inch. The best way to thread the hook into a wood surface is to use a 1/4" (6mm) drill bit size to drill a pilot hole. Then, depending on the hardness of the wood, you can generally turn the hook by hand.
- 2-pack of wood thread storage hooks, ideal for hanging bikes, wheels
- Best for road, cross, or hybrid width tires up to 1.95"
- Steel hook is Park Tool Blue vinyl coated to protect rim surface
- Hook inner dimensions: 1.95" (at widest point) x 3.74" actual inside J depth)
- Thread detail: nominally 7mm outside diameter with 9 tpi
- Use an 1/4" drill bit to drill a pilot hole before threading in the hook by hand