Ritchey Comp Threaded Headset
Inexpensive replacement headset for your 1" frame and threaded fork. Don't be caught off guard by the low price as it is well designed and works quite well. This little gem of a pressed-in headset has a simple and effective bearing system and should last a long time if properly installed, adjusted, and serviced.over time.
The cups are precision machined from aluminum, with a deep insertion section for a solid feel on your older frameset. The upper bearing features small balls with a plastic retainer, while the lower bearing- which carries more weight and pressure- has larger bearings. Standard ball bearing headsets are easy to service (just keep track of the individual ball bearings). Depending on local conditions, service it once a year by cleaning the parts thoroughly and applying fresh grease. It is also wise to use a little grease on the lockring threads as well.
- Cost effective, yet fully functional, complete 1" threaded press-in headset
- Deep, machined aluminum cups with steel lockring system for 1" threaded forks
- Ball bearings for upper and lower, smaller at upper, larger at lower, plastic retainer
- Easily cleaned and serviced, top seal keeps water out
- Upper Fit (S.H.I.S.): EC30/25.4
- Lower Fit (S.H.I.S.): EC30/26
- Colors: Silver w/black, Black
- Weight: 132 gram