Mavic Cosmic Elite Front Wheel
It seems as long as there have been Mavic wheel systems there have been a Cosmic option. The famous 30mm profile rim has always offered a fast rolling, aerodynamic wheelset that delivers performance beyond base expectations. The Cosmic Elite features many advanced Mavic material and construction technologies that keep the model highly effective at the price point. Entry level road racers and triathletes have put the Cosmic Elite to good use as a racing and training clincher wheel. This Cosmic Elite Front has a traditional 15mm internal width for 700x23-28mm tires, but with the deeper profile and stout rim shape, is still very stable in cross winds, with proper handling characteristics and a smooth ride.
The story of any Mavic wheel starts with the rim. The extruded S6000 aluminum rim has a manageable weight, and is formed into the aero shape for speed and strength. A reinforced bridge runs throughout for increased strength. The rim joint is fastened with a welding procedure and milling process called SUP, and it creates a smooth, exceptionally strong joint. The entire braking surface on both sides of the rim are then CNC machined through the UB Control process, which delivers a precisely matched braking surface. The double wall rim has inherent stiffness and overall strength that tops any OEM aero wheel.
Lacing on this front wheel is radial, with 20 ultra-bladed, straight-pull steel spokes, secured with long brass nipples. These spokes appear to simply emerge from the smooth, aerodynamic aluminum front hub. The axle spins freely on Mavic's QRM steel sealed cartridge bearings, which are manually adjustable and will provide smooth, low-friction performance for thousands of miles. At 815 grams, this Cosmic Elite hums along, maintaining and gaining speed with ease, but handily controlled in crosswinds, while cornering, or braking. Designed for 100mm front forks, the quick release wheel makes for fast, simple wheel changes.
Mavic has opted for a true wheel system by including their Yksion Elite 700x23 tire. This 205 gram clincher tire has a single compound rubber that balances wear with grip and durability, and has low rolling resistance. With a 120 tpi casing and flexible protection belt, the ride quality is smooth, with sure cornering feel. Ideal for training or entry-level events, the Yksion Elite can handle all conditions and road surfaces as the Cosmic Elite rolls onward.
Mavic includes the BR101 steel quick release skewer for 100mm dropouts, as well as the necessary rim tape and an instruction manual. If you pair this Cosmic Elite Front Wheel with the matching rear, you will have a turnkey wheelset that delivers speed and performance at a quality level that defies it's price point. For decades Cosmic wheels have meant speed, and you can drive the tradition forward
- Entry-level road aero performance clincher front wheel and tire system
- 15mm internal width rim optimal for 700x23-28mm clincher tires
- 30mm rim profile with engineered shape delivers aero speed and stability
- Mavic tech: Extruded S6000 rim, SUP joint, UB Control braking surface, QRM bearings
- Alloy hub carries QRM sealed cartridge steel bearings
- 20 ultra-bladed, straight-pull steel spokes fastened with traditional-style brass nipples
- Radial lacing keeps tension high, with better aerodynamics, stiff/stable wheel
- Quick release type for 100mm fork dropouts, BR101 steel skewer included
- Rim tape and instruction booklet included
- Yksion Elite 700x23 clincher tire (205g), with tube
- Weight: 815 grams (wheel only)
- Color: Black