Schwalbe Durano Race Guard Tire
For many cyclists, Schwalbe is known for light, grippy race-oriented One tires or for the supreme durability and protection of the Marathon series tires. Of course the innovative tire manufacturer does so much more, and the the Durano Folding Dual Compound Race Guard Tire is an excellent example of a durable, mile-eating training clincher for road riders. This cost-effective training tire is more than just a high mileage tire. The dual rubber compounds have been maximized for low rolling resistance and excellent grip, even in wet conditions.
Protection comes from Schwalbe's Level 4 Race Guard system. Two layers of flexible Nylon keep the weight low, and the overlapping mesh maintains a suppleness not found in a single layer, thicker protection belt. Race Guard wraps over a 67tpi casing that is surprisingly light and flexible. While it may not ride like a race-level tire, the Durano maintains a nice balance of road feel and protection- and the 700x23 tire weighs in at just 225 grams. That means you don';t have to adjust to a heavyweight training tire just to get quality training in, or you can ride the Durano for gran fondo events or other distance competitions that you may take on.
Schwalbe invests heavily in rubber compounds that maximize tire capabilities. While the Durano is a great all-around tire, it has the best grip of any training clincher we have ridden. This is a testament to those investments. Anyone who has ridden a Schwalbe mountain bike tire understands how rubber durometer and blended compounds have changed off-road riding. Now on the road, you don't need to sacrifice feel for protection and durability. Choose the Durano Folding Dual Compound Race Guard tire for the optimal balance every training cyclist desires.
- Training clincher tire with excellent wet/dry grip, lightweight protection, high mileage
- 67 tpi casing is flexible and light
- Race Guard features two nylon mesh layers move with casing for supple ride, but good puncture and pinch flat resistance
- Dual compound rubber for low rolling resistance, great wet-dry drip, durable
- Great training tire, especially in wet and transitional seasons
- Color: Black
- Sizes: 700x23, 700x25, 700x28
- Weight: 23c 225g, 25c 245g, 28c 290g