Pearl Izumi Elite Softshell MTB Shoe Cover
Effective shoe covers are paramount for winter cycling. The Elite Softshell MTB from Pearl Izumi will warm the heart, and the feet, of many cyclists this winter. Classified as ‘MTB’, Pearl means that the fit and shape is designed for mountain bike style shoes, not necessarily for mountain biking. Most cycling commuters wear a casual or MTB style shoe, and many road cyclists like the MTB shoe pedal option for slippery winter conditions. Of course you can certainly hit the trails in this baby, as well. Elite Softshell material defines the upper on this design. This upper is mated to a Kevlar bottom, and is joined at the back by an advanced hook and loop (velcro) closure. The design itself is built to accommodate the treads and bulk of an MTB shoe, but still delivering a close fit to keep the elements out. The panel design and inherent stretch to the Elite Softshell material makes this possible.
The three layer softshell system is comprised of a knit outer, which protects the key middle layer technology that blocks the elements and breathes to release moisture. The inner layer is the insulator. These materials are combined to complement each other, and all stretch in unison to provide optimal wind, water, and weather protection. Pearl has panelized this upper to reflect the different angles and stresses of necessary stretch, ensuring a secure fit for keeping the water and cold air out. This amazing upper is matched with an equally impressive Kevlar bottom, which is open in the tread areas of the shoe, and durable everywhere it makes contact with the ground. The shoe enters the cover from the rear where the two stage hook and loop system opens/closes top to near the bottom for easy entry and escape. This closure system is easy to use with gloved, freezing hands, and is very secure, with overlap to keep the elements out. Most cyclists prefer to use a shoe they are most comfortable with, and don’t have a winter specific shoe. The Elite Softshell MTB Shoe Cover means you can wear whatever shoes you want, and know your feet will be protected all winter.
- 3 Layer ELITE Softshell fabric provides optimal wind protection and water-resistance
- Two stage hook and loop closure at rear
- Kevlar® mountain bike bottom with open tread areas
- Designed and recommended for mountain bike shoes
- Bio-Viz reflective elements for low–light visibility Materials: Upper 41% polyester 41% nylon 13% elastane, 5% polyurethane; Bottom 59% nylon 25% Kevlar® aramid 16% polyurethane
- US Equivalent Men’s Sizing- Small (< 6), Medium (6.5-8), Large (8.5-10) XL (10.5-12) XXL (13+)
- For X–Alp compatibility, choose shoe cover that is equivalent to your X–Alp shoe plus one shoe size
- Color: Black