Garmin Forerunner 935
Just how effective is your current training plan? The premium grade multi-sport watch, Garmin's Forerunner 935, will help you monitor your training and recovery so you can better prepare for a race, event, or training cycle. Building off the success and capabilities of the Forerunner 920 XT and carrying many of the features of the Fenix-series watches, the Forerunner 935 GPS-enabled watch with Garmin's Elevate wrist-based HR measurement offers evolved features. Training status is a new performance monitoring tool that automatically evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching. The new anaerobic training effect metric opens a window of insight to a critical dimension of training, telling you how your training is improving your ability to push the limits. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
One way to improve performance is to improve your technique. Let the Forerunner 935 measure crucial running metrics that you can use to analyze your performance. Bio-mechanical measurements such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio are the key to understanding your form so you can bring your best on race day. These metrics are available with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband. These are in additions to rich data like running dynamics, wrist-based heart rate, training status, FTP and VO2 max. Also, take advantage of feature sets to help with cycling and even swim training. In the water, Forerunner 935 can track your distance, pace, stroke count and more.
As with most premium-grade Garmin sport GPS devices, the Forerunner 935 provides elevation changes with a built-in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings as GPS maps and tracks your location. Garmin combines both GPS and GLONASS satellite support for improved GPS location service. You also get a gyroscope, and thermometer to deliver accurate weather and movement data. With battery power for up to 2 weeks in watch mode, up to 24 hours in GPS mode, up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode (with wrist-based heart rate), or up to 60 hours in UltraTrac mode (without wrist-based heart rate), you can easily accommodate a training block during travel or simply ensure the most efficient mode for your needs.
As you'd expect from a multi-sport watch of this level, Garmin provides utlimate connectivity to meet your needs, with Bluetooth Smart, ANT+, and WiFi. The most used app platform in sport devices is Garmin Connect, along with Connect IQ, which combined allow you to compile and communicate with your smartphone, with access to countless features and direct interaction. The Forerunner 935 supports smart notifications, smartphone music, realtime weather, Find My Phone, Find My Watch, and act as a VIRB camera remote. Yes, you get the full suite of running, cycling, and swim options- such as the running and cycling dynamics data, powermeter interaction and calibration, FTP, and more. How about pool and open water swim profiles, and all the Garmin training features? Garmin's deep suite of health and activity tracking is here as well, with the wrist-based HR system capable of tracking 24 hours a day.
The Forerunner 935 can be set-up to integrate with Strava, Training Peaks, and the full complement of apps that can follow you through the active tracking that transmits to your cell phone. Data tracking can be set for every second, or use smart recording for more efficient storage. Within Garmin's range of multi-sport products only the Fenix 5+ series truly offers more, but for triathletes and runners, the Forerunner 935 may truly be the best option.
- Premium GPS Running/Triathlon Watch with Wrist-based Heart Rate
- Offers advanced running and multisport features in a comfortable watch you can wear all day, and it only weighs 49 grams
- Provides elevation changes with a built-in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings
- Evaluates your training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it and offers additional performance monitoring features
- Provides advanced dynamics for running, cycling and swimming, including ground contact time balance, stride length and more (running pod sold separately)
- Rich data like running dynamics, wrist-based heart rate, training status, FTP, VO2 max
- FR935 compatible with Garmin's easy-to-swap 22mm wide QuickFit watch bands
- Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, Barometric altimeter, Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate monitor, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart, ANT+, Wi-Fi
- Smart features (iPhone, Android): notifications, calendar, weather, smartphone music, Find My Phone, Find My Watch, VIRB Camera Remote, Garmin Connect Mobile
- Connect IQ App (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- Specific features for: Group Live Track, Live Track, Strava Segments, gym use, health tracking, running, cycling, swimming, golf, outdoors recreation (Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing, Jumpmaster, Tactical), point to point navigation, realtime bread crumb trail recording
- Physical Watch: chemically strengthened glass lens material, fiber-reinforced polymer bezel, silicone strap
- Physical size of watch face: 47 x 47 x 13.9 mm
- Display type: Color, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Display size: 1.2" (30.4 mm) diameter
- Display resolution: 240 x 240 pixels
- Controls: 5 buttons on bezel (3 left, 2 right)
- Memory/History: 64 MB
- Water rating: 5 ATM
- Battery life Smartwatch Mode: Up to 2 weeks, GPS/HR mode: Up to 24 hours UltraTrac™ mode: Up to 60 hours without wrist heart rate
- Includes: 935 watch, USB charging cable, documentation
- Color: Black
- Weight: 49 grams