Castelli Idro Pro 2 Jacket
Castelli presents the Idro 2 Pro Jacket: light, packable, highly breathable, durably waterproof and aero fitting for actual racing and top-level training use. This is the first piece that brings all those features together into a jacket made for the rider who has to (or choses to) ride in any weather conditions. When GoreTex® introduced SHAKEDRY™ technology Castelli's design team immediately saw the opportunity to make true waterproof jackets lighter than ever. Actual testing helped them realize they were able to make such jackets more breathable than ever as well. Light, waterproof, and breathable- what every cyclists wants- but could these pieces be made functional.
Now, thanks to Gore’s new Topo the designers are able to bring a close fit and extreme packability to a jacket that’s fully protective for all-day riding in the rain. The team has given it two external pockets so you don’t have to unzip to reach your jersey pockets. It is a pure cycling piece, so it was given it a longer tail to shield you from the spray coming off your back wheel. Yes, the Idro Pro 2 has a soft neck liner and useful reflectivity for safety. Compared to the Idro 2 jacket, this is more of a workhorse piece. It’s made for the rider who leaves the house for an all-day ride in the rain; a rider whose jacket is a necessity and not a piece that stays in a pocket until it’s needed.
- Light, packable, highly capable and rideable waterproof cycling jacket
- GORE-TEX® SHAKEDRY™ 2-layer ultralight waterproof breathable fabric
- Stretch Gore water- and windproof inserts at elbow, shoulder and side panel
- Stretch wrist closure eliminates flapping fabric yet facilitates ingress/egress
- Fully taped seams for total waterproof construction
- Silicone elastic waistband
- YKK® Vislon® waterproof zipper
- 2 external rear pockets
- Reflective trim
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black
- Weight: 158g (Large)