LOOK Keo 2 Max Pedals
The value oriented Look Keo 2 Max pedal system is a field-proven veteran that has logged countless miles under sport and enthusiast road cyclists. Look has now updated this workhorse pedal to deliver more power transfer, spin more smoothly, wear longer, run faster, and still save you money. This performance pedal features a full composite pedal body with a bonded stainless plate mounted to a hardened chromoly axle. The stainless plate offers a large 500mm² contact area that reaches 60mm in width, for a rock solid pedaling platform. The plate also lengthens pedal life and increases cleat glide during rotation and float.
The composite pedal body spins on a precisely machined Chromoly axle. The axle is fitted with a new inboard seal and bearing set-up, leading to a conical spacer that matches the shape of the tapered spindle down to the central pedal body needle bearing system. The spacer removes the need to for adjustment and keeps the bearings perfectly in location and riding over the spindle. This technical solution reduces friction, increases fluidity, and by consequence, decreases the geometrical tolerances of the pedal body and play that cyclists who logged heavy mileage on the previous version struggled with.
The familiar hex tension adjustment for entry and release is located on top of the rear pedal latch. The graduated set screw allows from 8-12Nm of spring tension. Included with pedal set is a complete set of Grey Keo Grip cleats with all mounting hardware. These grey cleats serve up 4.5° of angular float (Look offers Red 6°. or Black fixed Keo cleat options as well, sold separately
The Look Keo 2 Max is the solution for the value/performance question when focused on budget. Expect many hours of care-free service in the field, and no fret when the pedal needs service. The Keo 2 Max has an accessible and adjustable axle and pedal body, which helps keep the pedals operating for many seasons.
- Great, adjustable mild spring tension road pedalset sport to enthusiast cyclists who seek durability, high mileage, cost effective pricing
- 53mm Chromoly steel+ axle is durable, strong, stiff
- Bearings: 1 roller bearing (inboard), 1 needle bearing cartridge (center)
- New bearing to bearing conical spacer design ensures proper positioning
- Composite body with stainless steel plate over full width at axle
- Platform surface: 500mm² / Width: 60 mm
- 3-bolt Delta cleat bolt pattern
- Standard Keo interface, will accept all Keo compatible cleats
- Pedal/Cleat stack height: 17.3mm
- Includes one pair of Grey (4.5° float) Keo Grip cleats with hardware
- Adjustable retention spring tension: 8-12 Nm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 260 grams (pedals), 328 grams (pedals w/cleats)