SRAM Red 10 Speed Front Derailleur
SRAM's Red 10=speed Yaw front derailleur receives a complete makeover that goes above and beyond addressing all the issues with its much maligned predecessor. The Yaw front derailleur overall has a much more refined appearance in terms of both aesthetics and build quality. The new hybrid aluminum/steel cage features an inner cage made of steel for very fast, positive shifts plus a lot more durability for a greatly increased lifespan.
Yaw technology means the derailleur cage actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. This eliminates the need for shifter trim so you are never "that guy" in the group with the chain noisily rubbing the derailleur cage. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, and combined with the new SRAM Red crankset and chainrings, delivers an unmatched performance advantage in front shifting.
Included with the front derailleur is a chain spotter, also known as a chain catcher. The included SRAM chain spotter is nicely made and can be adjusted independently of the front derailleur. It prevents the chain from being dropped on the inside and is an insurance policy that effectively protects expensive carbon frames.
- Upgraded Red 10-speed front derailleur with Yaw technology
- Yaw cage rotates in line with chain
- Slim spring design eliminates frame interference
- Steel inner cage for durability, stiffness, shifting performance
- aluminum outer/composite tail for light weight
- Works with standard and compact cranks
- Includes chain retention device
- Optimized for shifting with 10 speed X-GlideR Chainrings
- Option: Braze-on
- Weight: 75 grams (with chain spotter)/li>