SRAM Red Brakeset
As the development of the new eTap system moved through testing and prototyping, SRAM made some updates to the Red range for the Red 22 release. The current Red Brakeset was previously known as the Red Aero Link Brake Calipers, and there has not been modification of this already solid product. The patented AeroLink™ arm reduces frontal area while improving braking performance and modulation. Appearance and graphics have updated with the new Falcon grey finish and the use of black anodization on the spring and to offset the grey.
With stopping power and aerodynamics improved by the Aero Link arm, SRAM focused on the overall sculpting and adjusting hardware to complete the package. Even the adjuster hardware and knobs have been optimized to reduce frontal air disruption. At just 262 grams for the set with adjustable holders containing SwissStop brake pads, the Red Brakeset provides the stopping power and feel your require no matter what depth your wheels are or the rate of descent after a hard climb. The Black FLash Pro pads are standard for aluminum rims, please check with your rim or wheel manufacturer for carbon specific versions appropriate your wheels. Speaking of wheels, the Red Brakeset was previously redesigned to accommodate today's wider road rims, and that has carried forward. So no matter if you are running Zipp Firecrest wheels or HED's Plus series rims, you will have the clearance and adjustment you require for a perfect set-up and ideal braking.
- SRAM's road Aero Link Brake Calipers for cable actuated rim braking
- AeroLink™ design amplifies braking power while reducing frontal area
- Sculpted aerodynamic cold-forged aluminum arms
- Patented Multi-Link arm multiplies force so you don't have to squeeze harder
- Compatible with SRAM RED eTap components and mechanical shfiters
- Aero design extends to the shape of the indexed four-position quick release
- Wider clearance for modern wheelsets
- Lighter, aero pad retainers carry SwissStop Flash Pro pads standard
- Pad retainers use SRAM/Shimano cartridge standard
- Standard single-bolt mount, single pivot design
- Finish: Falcon grey & black anodized finish
- Weight: 262 grams (set)