Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow S Saddle
The SLR line-up offers several lightweight racing saddle platforms as well as variants that drive price, weight, and comfort. The Flow saddles feature a central cutout for comfort from pressure reduction. Rail material options also factor in. With this Carbon-Keramic rail version, the SLR Flow gets an upgrade to become the Kit Carbonio, and with this Small (Narrow) size, the listed weight is 121 grams, making it among the lightest saddle Selle Italia offers.
A great advantage of the new rail design is that you have a 7mm x 9mm rail- which actually fits many standard seatpost rail clamping systems, with the vibration damping properties of carbon rails, and maximum strength due to the use of ceramic material in the rail construction. The rails support the saddle differently than titanium rails do, and don't feel compliant, or offer much vertical compliance. By attenuating vibration, the Carbon-Keramic rails limit fatigue from road noise over the course of a long day, but keep the saddle structure stiffer for a more consistent ride quality. Not every rider wants a saddle that gives too much. Ideally you want comfort from fit and other tech, but a saddle that maximizes the energy created during the pedal stroke. A saddle that gives too much is actually limiting that power transmission.
The carbon powered shell is a 70/30 Nylon/carbon blend, which again keeps the shell stiff, but can also conform to your body shape over time. It never gets soft, but does break in. The perforated Fibra-Tek cover is durable, weather resistant, minimizes friction and heat build-up. The S refers to the small size. At 131mm wide at the rear, and 275mm in length, the SLR Kit Carbonio Flow S is truly a saddle for narrow sit-bone riders who prefer a minimalist, lightweight, stiff racing saddle with some undercarriage relief (an S2 on the Selle Italia idmatch system). If you have always loved the base SLR, but you want a firmer platform, lighter weight, and the benefits of the 7mm x 9mm oval Carbon-Keramic rails, the SLR Kit Carbonio Flow Saddle was designed for you. Should you love the design, but need a moderate width, the L version is available at 145mm across the tail.
- Minimalist SLR Flow racing saddle, lightweight, Italian styling/manufacture li>7mm x 9mm oval Carbon-Keramic rails offer more shell support and overall stiffness
- Rails mitigate road vibrations via blend of carbon fiber and ceramic materials
- Standard SLR shape, cut-out and profile with carbon-nylon composite shell
- Fibra-Tek cover is durable, won't absorb water, perforated to reduce heat
- Though padding is still minimal, there is extra padding around Flow channel
- Size S: 131mm wide, 275mm long
- Selle Italia idmatch fit: S2
- Color: Black
- Weight: 126 grams (actual, +/- 5 grams off listed 121g)
- Made in Italy
Please note: Due to manufacturing variances, saddle may be different than pictured.