Park Tool SR-12.2 Sprocket Remover and Chain Whip
With every major generation of drivetrain changes, some of Park's essential shop level tools must be updated. The SR-12.2 Sprocket Remover and Chain Whip is the latest edition of the ubiquitous chain whip for multi-speed, derailleur type drivetains from 5-12 speed, including SRAM AXS- 12-speed road cassettes. In this 2nd generation of the SR-12 Park Tool has carried over the modified the handle and box-end design for increased access and ergonomics for more comfortable leverage. Hardened pins are used to retain the chain sections, ensuring much longer life and chain security.
The handle shaft itself is made with heat treated steel to prevent bending and flexing under load. There are two business ends. The first carries the chain segments required to wrap and firmly control the cog as you tighten or loosen as required. The second has a 1" (25.4mm) 6 point Hex box end, which fits most Park Tool freewheel and cassette lockring tools. The molded composite wrap on the handle now has better coverage and shapes at both ends of the handle to protect the hand while applying leverage. This shop-grade tool is just as applicable for home use, offering the proper power and control you need to secure cassettes and freewheels from reversing when you need to remove the lockring.
- 5-12 speed chain whip for cassettes and freewheels, lockring wrench
- As of 1/2019 compatible with all 12-speed road and mountain cassettes
- Heat treated steel body to prevent bending and flexing
- Molded handle for comfort, with better ergonomics for using either tool
- Features hardened pins to keep the chain in place
- Safely controls and protects cogs when used properly
- 1" (25.4mm) box-end wrench fits Park Tool Freewheel/Cassette Lockring Tools