Pioneer Single Leg Power Meter Upgrade Kit
If you own a Pioneer Single Leg Power Meter, and have decided you now want the definitive accuracy of the two side system, relax, Pioneer has you covered. You can send in your Ultegra 6800, Dura-Ace 9000, or even your 105 5800 drive side crank arm and chainring assembly, to Pioneer via this kit box, so Pioneer can expertly install and calibrate the drive side power measurement system. The process is simple.
First, you or someone who loves you purchases this Single Leg Upgrade Kit. You remove your crankset from the bike, and following the instructions in the box, package and send your drive side Shimano 11-speed crank and rings (complete) to Pioneer. There is a shipping label in the box, as well as a return label for Pioneer to send your modified crank arm back. Generally, once the US Pioneer Service Center has the package, it takes 5-10 business days for them to install and calibrate and get the modified unit back to you. Again, simple.
When you have the driveside unit back, and reinstalled on the bike, just sync your unit following the instructions provided. Once you are set-up with your choice of ANT+ head units, or a Pioneer ANT private signal head unit, you will have one of the most accurate and definitive power measurement tools available today. Pioneer has it's Power Meter measure power every 30°, or twelve times every full crank revolution. The strain gauge is very sensitive device, and accuracy is within +/-2%. However, within those 12 points, Pioneer also scans those pedaling forces an incredible 16 times, for an unbelievable 192 data points each rotation of the crank. A comprehensive analysis of power throughout the stroke is possible, allowing the user to truly evaluate how to improve both power and efficiency through balancing the right/left leg effort. Pioneer offers their HD Power Metrics with Pedaling Monitor Mode when using a Pioneer head unit, which gives real time pedal stroke measurement. The data itself is collected regardless, but a private ANT connection is used with the Pioneer head unit. You still get a basic breakdown of efficiency and all standard power data options with an ANT+ head unit: power, average power, % of FTP, power within zone, training intensity, normalized power and all normal cycling stats- speed, cadence, distance, time, temp, etc.
Once fully integrated and set-up, you will have all the data and information you need to keep driving towards cycling excellence through comprehensive power measurement. Pioneer makes it easy to maximize your cycling experience with the flexibility to start with a very affordable measurement option, and then upgrade to the full capacity system from a premier electronics company that has made a significant investment in, and delivered excellence to, the great sport of cycling.
- Upgrade kit for Pioneer's non-drive Shimano 11 speed, Single Leg Power Meter
- Compatible with Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, 105 5800 drive side crank arms/rings
- Item is a box that comes with instructions and shipping labels for submitting
- Follow instructions to send complete drive side assembly to Pioneer for modification
- Process takes 5-10 business days once Pioneer receives the unit
- Pod and strain gauges installed and calibrated in-house by Pioneer
- If you aren't confident in removing and installing Shimano Hollowtech II cranks, please have your local bike shop perform these services
- Once you get your modified crankset re-installed, follow instructions to sync units with ANT+ compatible head unit or ANT Pioneer head unit
- Pioneer Item# SGY-PMRTC
- Please give us a call at (800)627-6664 if you have any questions
Note: This kit must be installed and calibrated by Pioneer's technicians