Campagnolo Super Record Crankset
The stunning redesign of the Super Record Ultra-Torque Crankset will capture the heart of even the most traditional Campy lovers. The broad, four arm, carbon fiber spider/drive side crank arm is sculpted for maximum efficiency, but you will swear it is all about the art. In maximizing the stiffness of the design, Campy also redesigned new chainrings that match the aesthetic of the crankset, but are stiffer and have new shift assisting technology built in. Campy Tech Lab™ engineers used in depth analysis developed new profiles for the ring teeth that are specific to the placement of the power stroke and changed the angles of the ring to reflect how the chain rides up or down during shifting. The chain, rings, and front derailleur of the Super Record product have now all been exposed to, and re-engineered with the X.P.S.S.™ system (Extreme Performance Shifting System).
The new four arm chainrings and spider have a new bolt circle diameter that is used for both traditional compact gear combinations. The new inner BCD is 112mm, and the outer is 145mm. Although this is a major change, the stiffness and shifting performance far exceeds any previous Campy crankset. The crank arms themselves are Ultra-Hollow carbon fiber constructions that use material and reinforcement where it is crucial. Campy’s smoothest bearing set, the coveted CULT ceramics, provide the smoothest spin with the least amount of resistance. The mid joint Ultra-Torque spindle design holds the crankset together, with incredible strength in a joint that won’t deflect under maximum load. Bike components can be truly functional and attractive, but the Campagnolo Super Record Crankset is a masterpiece of fine art and function that even a DaVinci devotee could love.
- Stunning, sculpted carbon fiber 4 arm design
- Hollow crank arm and spider employing Ultra-Hollow engineering
- Hollow Ultra-Torque axle that rides on CULT ceramic bearings
- New stiffer, better shifting chainring design, with differentiated pins and shape
- Integrated tooth profile design and ring shape with X.P.S.S.™ process
- Lengths available- 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm
- Chainring combinations- 52-36, 50-34 (new BCD outer- 145mm, inner 112mm
- Length options: 170mm, 172.mm, 175mm
- Chainring options: 34-50, 39-53, 36-52
- Weight 623 grams (172.5mm 52-36)