Park Tool TAP-8 Frame Tap 5 x 0.8mm
The most common thread size used on and across nearly all bicycles is the 5mm x .08mm. Why? This is the threading used in frame bosses for water bottle cages, fender and rack accessory mounts, and is also used for other bike applications as well. If you can thread a water bottle cage bolt into in, it has a 5mm x .08 receiving thread. That is the the Park Tool TAP-8 is not only standard in every bike shop, but found in home shops, event kits, and pro cycling mechanic tool boxes.
The TAP-8 gets the same high quality tool steel and precision thread tap system found on all Park taps. It will effectively and accurately cut aluminum or steel. You will need a tap handle for precise and proper use. The Park TH-1 is the proper size for this TAP-8. If you are a serious home mechanic who takes care of several bikes, the TAP-8 and the TH-1 handle are must-have tools.
- Park frame tap for 5mm x .08mm receiving threads
- Fits frame bosses for water bottle cages, fender and rack accessory mounts
- High quality tool steel with precision machined tap threading
- Park recommends the TH-1 tap handle for proper and accurate use
- Always confirm thread pitch and pitch diameter, and use cutting fluid