Speedplay Ultra Light Action Stainless Steel Walkable
The Light Action pedals with Stainless Steel axles offer unsurpassed strength to weight to value ratio. Axles are perfectly machined and mounted to the Light Action pedal body with needle and cartridge bearings for long lasting and durable use. Now Speedplay packages the Walkable Cleat with the Light Action Stainless Steel, for no-slip walking ease. Many cyclists chose these durable, performance oriented pedal with light release action. Some, but not all, have small feet (less foot leverage), or perhaps strength or ankle, knee, hip issues that affect release rotation. The system provides the easiest and most intuitive entry and release functions ever.
The Light Action pedal system is a hybrid design that borrows engineering and design points from both the Zero and X series pedals. The Stainless Steel version is specifically designed to be a user friendly pedal aimed at the serious intermediate rider seeking the easiest entry and easiest release of any pedal system. It also is a superb choice for the first time clipless pedal user who is making a pedal commitment. The Self-Locating cleat design in the Light Action pedal is automatically guided into the recessed cleat-cavity during engagement making both entry and exit a snap. Although the entry and exit is simple and easy to use, it also offers plenty of security and a sure-footed feel while engaged.
The Walkable Cleat features integrated, rubberized covers that stay on the cleats while you are riding. When walking, the covers improve traction and protect the cleats from wear. Additionally, the thin, contoured cleat profile allows for a more natural gait and makes walking in road shoes much less awkward. Included with the cleat sets are handy plugs called Cleat Buddies for use when walking in dirty conditions. Cleat Buddies prevent debris contamination by fitting into the center cavity of the cleat. When you are ready to ride, Cleat Buddies can be easily removed for riding and conveniently snap together to fit in a pocket or bag.
- Excellent quality, durable pedal set with light release tension, walkable cleat system
- Simple cleat mounting and adjustment makes set-up easy
- Built-in grease-port for fast and easy bearing maintenance
- 15° of non-centering free-float reduces stress
- Precision cartridge and needle bearings, 53mm Stainless Steel axle
- Large, stable cleat platform for optimal power transmission
- Easy dual-sided pedal entry with Self-Locating cleat guides the entry motion
- Walkable integrated rubber cleat set, with Cleat Buddies for dirt and gravel
- Thin pedal body provides excellent cornering clearance
- Engagement mechanism prevents inadvertent release
- Easy dual-sided pedal entry
- Weight: 206 grams per pair of pedals
Please Note: Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship Speedplay products outside the United States