Time Xpresso 6 Pedals
Time's Xpresso 6 pedal bridges the gap between the upper-end of the range of Xpresso series to the entry level pedals by offering a product that is both performance and value oriented. The body is a composite construction that is still pretty light and stiff, especially when paired with the stout hollow steel axle. The familiar (and brilliant) Time bio-mechanics, easy I-Clic entry and superior 700 mm2 platform are all present.
One of the primary, unmatched features of the Time Xpresso system is its built-in lateral float. While almost all pedal systems have angular rotation built into the cleat, Time offers both angular float and lateral float working in tandem, built into the pedal. In short, this means the shoe/foot is permitted to rotate/pivot and move side to side (laterally) to naturally adjust during the pedal stroke. The fact that both of these mechanisms are built into the pedal greatly reduces any friction that occurs.
Another major feature of all Xpresso pedals is the combination of ease of entry with great retention and power transfer. When you release from the pedals the rear gate actually remains open, when you clip it closes and secures retention. Once clipped in, you will notice the generous amount of material used to create a super wide platform. So much so, when you up on the pedal, it feels like you are standing on the floor.
In summary, Time has always been the go-to choice for a bio-mechanical pedal design, but in their efforts to lighten the design up, durability suffered. Now with the Xpresso, you get the best of both worlds, durability in a lightweight package with Time's wonderful biomechanical design and a massive 700sq mm platform.
- Composite pedal body construction saves you money with minimal sacrifice
- Hollow steel axle is stiff and strong, carries smooth steel bearings
- Active bio-dynamic angular and lateral float while pedaling
- Huge 700sq mm platform with replaceable SS deck
- Easy entry design, with solid retention
- Pedal/Cleat stack height to shoe: 13.5mm
- 3-levels of carbon blade tension adjustment
- Adjustable Q-Factor with cleat mounting set-up
- Includes Xpresso I-Clic cleats and mounting hardware
- Color: White
- Weight: 216 grams
- Made in France