Niner JET 9 RDO 29 4-Star Shimano XT Bicycle
Niner completely reimagined the JET 9 RDO in 2021, reasserting its position as their most popular, most versatile, and most agile trail bike. With hyper-capable frame geometry, a 130mm Fox Factory Fork and 120mm of suspension travel, you’ll float up technical climbs, blast downhills, and fly smoothly over everything in between. By blending the pedaling chops of a cross-country bike with the suspension and geometry characteristics of a trail bike, Niner has made the updated JET 9 RDO into a most versatile bike. Pedaling uphill is limited only by your legs and lungs. The signature CVA suspension of this 29er leaves no ounce of effort nor watt of power wasted. Every pedal stroke earns altitude with no loss of efficiency. Svelte yet stout, the JET 9 RDO exhibits Niner’s characteristic full-suspension form factor. A blend of weight-conscious trimming where possible and strength-enhancing structures where needed gives this trail bike the ideal balance of XC light weight and trail bike sturdiness. Built here with a Niner 4-Star kit featuring Fox Factory suspension, DT Swiss wheelset and XT components, this is a wholly capable complete package that will exhibit solid performance and durability along with ideal gearing and trail control.
The frame geometry and suspension system also allow for a quick trail reverse, resulting in a descent is turbulence-free, thanks to great small bump sensitivity. Combined with solid mid-stroke support to save full travel for when you really need it, the JET 9 RDO is an efficient smooth experience overall by applying the true performance of the Fox Float X Factory EVOL 2-position shock with it's ADJUST and premium grade Kashima Coat. Contemporary frame geometry translates to modern trail manners when you need them most. The roomy cockpit has a comfortable reach for short stem lengths, giving you quick handling and plenty of maneuverability to navigate any airspace. And of course, the slack, 66.5-degree front end and long, 1179mm (size medium) wheelbase contribute stability and self-confidence when you’re dropping into steep descents. Keeping your powerplant positioned well over the pedals, a 76-degree seat angle makes ascending to altitude a little easier. Paired nicely with short 430mm chainstays, the JET 9 RDO won’t hesitate when crawling up the crux of your favorite challenge trail.
If your daily dose of dirt includes less pedaling, faster corners, and some heels-down, flat out fall-line chutes, you might want a lower bottom bracket and slacker head tube angle. Not to worry, Niner adds built-in flip-chip seatstay pivots allow riders to lower the bottom bracket by a full 8mm and slack out the geometry by half a degree. Framewise, wide, flat surfaces on the top and downtube help to absorb frontal impacts and vibrations while resisting deflection and twisting under torsional load. Crossmembers in the rocker link and swingarm keep the rear of the bike on lockdown during corners and hard efforts. In order to get the best possible shifting performance, Niner designed the smoothest, straightest cable routing possible. Cable housing slides easily through full-sleeve guide tubes in gentle arcs from front to back. An integrated cable cage wicket on both sides of the frame just above the bottom bracket area keeps the housing protected from harm and free to move as the suspension cycle.
There is no doubt Niner has nailed their CVA suspension process and the Jet 9 RDO frameset is the prime example. By partnering with Fox on the fork and frame, Niner has ensured a premium riding experience with real efficiency, spirit and pure joy.
- Frame: Niner RDO Carbon Fiber, CVA Suspension, 120mm Travel, Aluminum Linkage, Enduro Max Pivot Bearings, Full Sleeve Internal Cable Routing, !2/148mm TA
- Shock: Fox Float X Factory Evol 2 Position W/ Adjust, Kashima Coat
- Fork: Fox 34 Float Factory Grip2 Evol, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, Kashima Coat, 130mm, 15/110mm TA, 44mm Offset
- Bottle Cage mounts: 1 in front triangle
- Suggested Sag: 30% (13.5mm)
- Max chainring size: 34T
- ISCG: ISCG 05 FWD mounts
- Rear dropout spec: 12x182mm, M12xP1.0, L15mm
- Max tire size: 29x2.6"
- Groupset: Shimano XT M8100 1x12s, RaceFace
- Rear Shifter: XT M8100 12s; I-Spec EV
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100 SGS 12s
- Cassette: XT M8100 12s, 10-51T
- Chain: XT M8100 W/ Quicklink
- Crankset/BB: RaceFace Next R Carbon 12s w/32T Ring / RaceFace 73mm BSA Threaded
- Brake Calipers: XT M8120, Metal Pad w/ Fin
- Brake Levers: XT M8100
- Brake Rotors F/R: XT MT800 Rotors 180mm/180mm
- Front: DT Swiss XM 1700 Spline 30, CL Disc 15/100mm TA , Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo Super Trail TLE Addix Speedgrip 2.6"
- Rear: DT Swiss XM 1700 Spline 30, Microspline12s, CL Disc, 12/148mm TA, Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo Super Trail TLE Addix Speedgrip 2.35"
- Headset: Niner Internal ZS SHIS Description ZS44/28.6|ZS56/40
- Stem: Race Face Turbine R 40mm, 35mm Clamp
- Handlebar: Race Face Next R 800mm Wide, 35mm Rise, 35mm Clamp
- Grips: Niner Grrrips L/O Flanged Soft Compound
- Seatpost: KS Lev SI (XS/S-100mm, M/L/Xl-150mm; 30.9mm
- Saddle: Niner Custom TR w/ Crn-Ti Rails, printed Niner graphic
- Due to supply chain issues, component specifications may change without notice
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Colors: Grey, Emerald
- Weight: 28.1 lbs (Medium)
|Niner Jet 9 RDO 2021|
|Top Tube Length||574mm/577mm||603mm/605mm||631mm/634mm||660mm/662mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||110mm||125mm||140mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||33mm/41mm||33mm/41mm||33mm/41mm||33mm/41mm|
|Flip Chip position geometry reflected as High/Low in chart.|