Niner RLT e9 RDO Gravel E-Bicycle
Note: Component Specifications are subject to change due to supply chain challenges.
The e-version of Niner's vaunted RLT gravel bike goes far- and it goes fast. The Bosch Performance Line Speed drive system propels a rider to 28 miles per hour with a 500wh battery for longer distances. Bosch leads the category with reliable motors that deliver smooth, lag-free pedal assist, backed by an unparalleled global service network. The full carbon frameset integrates the battery and power system in efficient ways, and the over all build kit helps you get great overall performance in a great e-bike built for gravel.
What’s not so obvious are the details, starting with Niner's RDO carbon construction. The engineers wanted the battery to be integrated and yet easily externally removable for the utmost flexibility when recharging. However, this design presents engineering challenges that we solved in elegant fashion. Using FEA modeling and extensive testing, lead engineer George Parry built a robust carbon backbone structure to withstand the roughest roads imaginable. In fact, the RLT e9 RDO passes ISO mountain bike test standards. Bonded to a 1-piece alloy motor mount, this machine is ready to go the distance for years to come.
Subtle design features add incredible versatility. Post-mount disc brake fitment makes it easy to change to a flat handlebar with mountain bike brakes. Likewise, the intentional inclusion of Boost hub and crankset spacing allows the rider interchangeability with mountain bike drivetrain parts. The all-new RLT e9 RDO carbon fork is the same length as a FOX AX suspension fork in case you opt for that down the road. There’s even routing for a dropper seatpost. For a dose of rugged utility, Niner’s custom, integrated racks are available separately to carry supplies for a trip to the office or a ride around the world. Clearance for comfortable and capable 700x50c tires and fitment for fenders round out this chameleon-like gravel e9 bike.
Niner equipped the RLT e9 RDO with a Praxis - Bosch compatible crankset and an 11-speed Shimano GRX mechanical drivetrain with GRX hydraulic disc braking. The gearing range is excellent, with a 42T chainring giving you a powerful 42-11T max standard gear, and a 1:1 ratio with an 11-42T cassette. The Motor system is controlled manually, allowing you to determine when you need the assist power, but pedaling is still required! The components are rated for e-bike use where required, and the overall bike kit build is optimal for the intended gravel/allroad cyclist who loves to explore, needs some assistance and is willing to enjoy the experience with a little help.
- Gravel e-bike with 11-speed Shimano shifting, hydraulic disc braking, drop bar cockpit set-up
- Motor Assist capable of 28mph, delivering great assistance on hills, climbs
- Battery assist time range: 30 minutes
- Frame and fork optimized for the use of road and mountain components:
- Shimano GRX flat mount brake calipers with custom Niner adapters for post mount frame compatibility
- Shimano GRX drivetrain and wheels are Boost spaced for MTB parts compatibility
- Internal routing for dropper post
- Fork rake/offset: 45mm; use of suspension fork limited to 40mm travel
- Shift/Brake levers: GRX 600 Dual Control (Mechanical shifting/hydraulic disc braking)
- Rear Derailleur: GRX 800
- Crankset: Praxis Bosch G4 ISIS, 42T chainring with Guard ring, Q-factor 176mm
- Cassette: SLX M7000 11-42T
- Chain: CN-E8000 11-spd
- Hydraulic disc brake Calipers/Rotors: GRX 400 FM w/PM74 adapters, RT-EM810 180mm CL
- Front: Stans NoTubes Arch D, Formula Cl-811 Hub 15/110mm TA Front
- Rear: Stans NoTubes Arch D, Formula Ect-148s Hub 12/148mm TA Rear, HG11
- Tires: Schwalbe G-One Bite EVO, Superground TLE, Addix Speedgrip, 700x50c
- Handlebar/Tape: Easton EA50 AX / Niner Bar Tape
- Stem: Niner Alloy Stem, Niner Graphic
- Seatpost: Niner Carbon, 30.9mm round, 400mm length, Zero offset, Niner Graphic
- Saddle: Niner Custom, Cr-Mo rails, embossed Niner graphic
- 50cm Bar width: 420mm c-c, Stem length: tbd, Crank length: 170mm
- 53cm Bar width: 440mm c-c, Stem length: tbd, Crank length: 172.5mm
- 56cm Bar width: 460mm c-c, Stem length: tbd, Crank length: 172.5mm
- 59cm Bar width: 460mm -c-c, Stem length: tbd, Crank length: 175mm
|Niner RLT e9 RDO|
|Top Tube Length||531mm||553mm||577mm||598mm|
|Head Tube Length||100mm||117mm||143mm||163mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||75mm||75mm||75mm||75mm|