The Oakley Sutro was developed a true cycling sunglass, but one with a subtly distinctive style and plays of the off the trend of larger full frame eyewear that has come back into vogue and Oakley is driving this through their Latitude collection. The Sutro accomplishes this with a very clean look and low profile frame that wraps the striking cylindrical Sutro lens shape. What is interesting is that the Sutro has become a favorite piece of streetwear as well, even though the large lens and frame design provide massive coverage so that cyclists won't even see the frame in the most aggressive TT position.
With Oakley you get a shopping list of technologies that combine to deliver the performance, style, fit, and protection each model is designed for. With the Sutro, the frame is made with their lightweight, flexible O-Matter™ composite material. The new adjustable Sport replaceable nosepad features Unobtanium™, which increases grip, wet or dry, to help keep your eyewear securely in place without sacrificing comfort, even without the normal ear socks. For the Sutro, the massive shield lens of Plutonite™ is used for a fashion-forward style that offers safety, protection and coverage.
Which leaves the optics. So much has been written, said and awarded. The standard HDO (High Definition Optics) lens optics system offer full spectrum UV protection, de-centering across the full shape and curve of the lens, remarkable clarity and color definition across the various shade colors and Visible Light Transmission (VLT) ratings. Of course Oakley also delivers HDO in several special lens variants such as Iridium, Polarized, PRIZM, and PRIZM Polarized. Polarized lenses ensure superior glare protection. PRIZM is more refined as these lenses that are designed to further enhance color, contrast and detail, and come in a range of color hues/VLT options depending on the requirements of use. Excel Sports primarily stocks the PRIZM Road lens, which is excellent for most road cycling conditions, with an increased contrast, 20% VLT, and Rose base color optimal for Medium light, with range on both sides of that value. We also offer other select PRIZM options.
All of the Sutro models feature a PRIZM lens, but please be aware this model does not have an interchangeable lens system, though the nosepad is available. No other cycling eyewear offers the same level of lens viewing area, and the cylindrical shape adds considerable peripheral coverage as well. The Sutro has gained traction in the pro peloton as well as on the street, so get your before everyone has them!Return to Top
- True sports eyewear that is excellent for cycling, with massive coverage
- Fashion and Sport combine as part of Latitude Collection
- Lightweight, with excellent protection and premium optics
- O-Matter arm frames with alloy supports, Unobtanium adjustable Sport nosepiece
- Fixed Plutonite HDO lens w/full lens optics, impact protection, clarity, color definition
- Sutro cylindrical lens with massive coverage, even peripherally
- Featuring PRIZM lenses that further enhance color, contrast and detail
- Helmet friendly dropped and tapered arm design
- Specially-woven electrostatic, hand-washable Microclear™ bag for cleaning/storage
- Options: Polished Black/PRIZM Black (11% VLT), Matte White/PRIZM Road (20% VLT), Black Ink/PRIZM Jade (14% VLT), Matte Black/PRIZM Road Jade (15% VLT), Polished Black/Teal PRIZM Black (11% VLT), White/Photochromic (Clear To Black Iridium 23% VLT activated)
- Weight: 32 grams
- Designed and Assembled in the USA