Precisely gauge the wear of your chain and replace it at exactly the right time. Park Tool's CC-2 Chain Checker offers a fantastic way to determine chain wear and stretch. This can determine how much life a chain has left or if it is in need of replacement. Simply insert the Chain Checker's pins into two links, press the swing arm gauge tight, and then check the gauge window for an accurate reading.
The CC-2 is compatible with all speed chains used with derailleur systems. For 9 and 10-speed chains, replace chain at or just before the 0.75% readings. For 11 and 12-speed chain, replace at or just before the 0.5% reading. Always follow manufacturer instructions for specific chain replacement instructions.Return to Top
- Easy to use, reliable and durable shop-level chain stretch indicator tool
- Helps you keep your drivetrain protected and shifting properly
- Chains wear faster than other drivetrain components, but delaying a chain change once it is stretched wears your rings, cassette, and pulley wheels faster
- Clever and simple design, align pins in chain links, and read gauge through window in tool handle
- Handle made from machined aluminum; with steel pins
- Every reasonably serious cyclist can benefit from owning and using this tool