Park Tool TL-5 Heavy Duty Steel Tire Lever Set
Though one needs to be careful when trying to remove thick, firm tire beads from tight aluminum rim beds, there are times and circumstances when a pair Park Tool TL-5 Heavy Duty Steel Tire Levers are the best, if not only, way to get the job done. Most commonly used for heavy duty downhill or freeride tires, these forged steel, beefy levers are a full 8" (20.3 cm) long for superior leverage, but shaped and designed to keep your rims as safe as possible from damage. After all, forged steel versus aluminum rims, however strong, can be an unfair battle.
We feel the key to rim safety and overall effectiveness of the TL-5's comes down to the thin, curved specially designed tip, which cleanly engages under the tire bead so it can be removed more with leverage and angle, rather than brute force, and even on the toughest tire/rim combination generally requires just two levers. If you are considering steel tire levers, you likely know why. These are not designed for most of today's truly thin and lightweight alloy rims, especially most tubeless ready designs, so please don't turn to the TL-5's because your tubeless XC tires are a bear to mount. Every shop, and serious freeriders freestyle and DH racers should have a pair on hand to spare their knuckles and hands. Used properly, with the right equipment, the TL-5 Heavy Duty Steel Tire Levers get the job done right, preserving your equipment during necessary service.
- Steel pair of tire levers designed for use on the toughest tire/rim combinations
- Made from forged steel to exacting shape and strength
- Specially designed curved tip engages tire bead for removal with just two levers
- Full 8" (20.3 cm) long for superior leverage
- Ideal for difficult to remove downhill and freeride/freestyle tires
- Use with care and respect- many rims are easily damaged
- Sold as a set of two levers