Pirelli Cinturato Cross H Tubeless Tire
Pirelli's Cross tires may carry the same name and designation as their Gravel brethren but have a different tread set-up. This Cross H Tubeless Tire was developed to be an ideal hardpack tire, with enough bite and traction to deliver great control in all conditions, but with low rolling resistance and grip you can trust. With Pirelli's proven tubeless ready design, you can be assured of a great seal even at low pressures thanks to the shape and function of the aramid bead. Most riders will never come close to the 72 psi max pressure rating. This directional tire features an impressively and effective tread for hard surfaces with a low profile center chevron block, leading to comparable height angled offset shoulder knobs and edge control blocks.
To fully maximize the tread and tubeless set-up, you need to run lower pressures. That is why the combination of the flexible 127 TPI casing and TechWALL construction is crucial. The extra layer of woven nylon that runs from bead-to-bead to protect the sidewall from abrasion at low pressures but allows the supple tire to conform to mixed surfaces and off-camber terrain that are regular features of cyclocross racing. Hard surface tires can be more versatile than expected, especially on dry grass, where the spaces between the knobs offer unexpected control. Pirelli's SpeedGrip single blended rubber compound also offers the best all weather combination of low rolling resistance and grip, with durability and puncture protection.
Early season racers may well favor the Cross H as a rear option, with the Cross M (Mixed surface conditions) as a front in races where more pure bite and front wheel control are called for. Pirelli understands tire construction and rubber compounding for high performance as well as any tire manufacturer and the bicycle tire line-up was developed with the specific needs of cyclists in mind, just as the Formula One and Moto GP tires are.
- Tubeless Ready tire developed for cyclocross racing on hard surfaces where grip and control are paramount
- Directional tire with center chevron tread, leading to angled offset shoulder knobs and edge control blocks
- Pirelli's SpeedGrip compound offers the best all weather combination of low rolling resistance and grip, with durability
- TechWALL construction has extra layer of woven nylon that runs from bead to bead to protect the sidewall from abrasion at low pressures
- 127 TPI casing allows the tire to shape and conform to surfaces, even off-camber
- Aramid bead shaped and developed for tubeless seal and stability
- Pressure range: 43-72 psi
- Size: 700x33
- Color: Black
- Weight: 393 grams (actual)