Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Mixed Tubeless Tire
Most gravel riding requires a tire capable of various terrain challenges. Unless you know serious mud or miles of pavement and hardpack are in front of you, the best tire choice is generally mixed terrain option that maintains some speed; delivers grip, traction, and control, and won't be useless at either end of the hard to soft spectrum. For this Pirelli created the Cinturato Gravel Mixed Tubeless Tire, equipping it with the right combination of rubber properties, tread design and casing/protection construction. Pirelli, a company with years of premium tire development and construction at the highest levels of motorsports on all terrains has applied cycling specific knowledge and field testing to develop the Cinturato Gravel tire series and has quickly made an impact on savvy tire buyers. Their engineering, material technology and construction experience ensures the Gravel Mixed grip, control, protection, and comfort while delivering on tubeless performance.
The Cinturato Gravel Mixed Hard tire has been designed for compact terrain and the hardest surfaces. The tread features average height and spacing to guarantee excellent performance on a wide range of terrains. The shape is more oval in width than round, and all directional knobs are gapped, with the shoulder edge knobs angled at the outer end and extended for extra bite when you need it, especially in, loose rocks, softer sand or mud. The special SpeedGRIP Compound adds characteristics of mechanical resistance and chemical grip without compromising the rolling efficiency. This is a gravel tire with unique characteristics of grip in all weather conditions, be they dry or wet, plus a high level of puncture protection.
That protection comes not only from the properties of the rubber compound, but also the specifically woven fabric layer that runs from tube bead to bead. The bead itself is a tubeless-ready aramid construction optimized for wider modern rims. The carcass under that is a 127 tpi multi-layer, overlapping, lighter woven nylon allows the tire to maintain flexibility and surface conformity but adds strength and resiliency. The Tubeless Ready tire employs a specific bead profile that matches with tubeless-ready rim hooks, plus the aramid bead material and specifications that allow for easier mounting and use at low range pressure. Ammonia-free sealant is recommended for best sealing practices, but the bead design also safely allows for tube use as a starting choice, or as an emergency option. Many gravel riders who are trying to balance speed and control may opt for a Gravel Hard as a rear tire, while running the Gravel Mixed up front for better front end control. The tires are available in 700x35, 700x40, and 700x45 in Black, or Black with the Para sidewall.
- High-performance, Tubeless Ready mixed terrain tire with unique characteristics of grip in all weather conditions, be they dry or wet augmented by a high level of puncture protection
- Fast rolling option as a race or training tire, offered in three gravel-ready widths, but also perfect for many adventure or bikepacking environments
- Tread: consists of knobs with average height and spacing to guarantee excellent performance on a wide range of terrains made with a rubber compound that guarantees grip, high adaptability to the terrain and, at the same time, resistance to wear
- Height of the knobs and spacing optimized for grip and control with a smoother ride and capable hardpack or pavement control, as well as limiting deformation when cornering in wet or dry conditions; but also provide traction when in sand or moderate mud
- Rubber: SpeedGRIP Compound adds features of mechanical resistance and chemical grip without compromising the rolling efficiency
- Protection: woven fabric bead-to-bead layer with a tubeless-ready Aramid bead optimized for wide modern rims
- Multi-ply overlapping 127 tpi casing allows the tire to maintain flexibility and surface conformity
- Specific bead profile matches with tubeless-ready rim hooks, plus a specific bead material and specification that allows for easy mounting and holds at low pressure
- The bead is compatible with inner tube as well as keeping proper tubeless bead engagement if used with a sealant as Tubeless Ready
- Size-Weight: 700x35 - 430g | 700x40 - 500g | 700x45 - 570g
- Colors: Black, Black/Para