P Zero Race Road Tire
Racing cyclists looking for modern and wholly capable race or fast training clincher tire, heads-up, there's a great option from Pirelli. The Italian company best known for Formula 1 and Moto GP keeps expanding their cycling tire line-up, even in traditional clinchers, which based on sales, many cyclists still enjoy. The P Zero Race Road Tire has been specifically developed as a true racing tire that even some of their sponsored World Tour cyclists have embraced over tubular and tubeless options for road races with less than optimal pavement over long distances. To accomplish the combination of durability, protection and performance, Pirelli designed this new clincher with their lightweight SmartEVO rubber compound and 127 TPI TechBELT casing technology to deliver puncture protection, reliability and comfort at light weights (225g in a 700x28) in contemporary road sizes with exceptional grip and feel.
The SmartEVO Compound high-tech formulation steps up from the base EVO version with reduced weight, thickness and cushion, while still providing excellent grip and super low rolling resistance. Due to the casing and protection belt, it offers a great balance of mileage, wet/dry grip and all-round performance as well. It features an inverted tread pattern with the iconic alternating lightning pattern from the P Zero™ family for wet or dry pavement speed and control, with grip inherent to the compound. The 127 TPI casing offers a supple base and Pirelli uses an approach that wraps the aramid bead on each side, then the two woven sheets overlap, creating a double layer at the center zone of the tires. It is augmented by TechBELT which provides puncture protection against small and mid size infiltrators that manage to get through the rubber and overlapped casing.
The light yet flexible casing structure doesn't suffer from the added layer of high cut resistant fabric, because the belt itself is flexible despite it's protection level; which along with it's true performance characteristics makes the P Zero Road Race clincher tire ready to race when the pavement would chew up softer, less capable tires.Return to Top
- All-around race and fast training clincher tire with real overall performance, grip, durability and protection
- High tech SmartEVO rubber compound and evolved casing ensure level of grip and feel that exceeds expectation
- Effective on both wet and dry surfaces, superior handling that builds rider confidence and overall safety
- Lighter overall weight than the P Zero Road clincher, but with same protection level, grip
- Lower rolling resistance and faster, but less cushion in the rubber for premium race feedback
- TechBELT casing features 127 TPI flexible woven casing structure with an added layer of high cut resistant center belt fabric
- Iconic Pirelli lightning bolt inverted tread pattern aids grip, traction and cornering control; expels water
- Pressure range, all sizes: 70-100 psi
- Size | Weight: 700x26 | 205g, 700x28 | 225g, 700x30 | 245g
- Tread-Sidewall-Label colors: Black-Black (default Silver logo) , Black-Classic Para (default Black logo), Black-Black-Red, Black-Black-White, Black-Black-Yellow