Pirelli's bike tires have quickly been adopted by sponsored pro teams and athletes, as well as requested by cyclists everywhere. It certainly helps that the Italian company has deep motorsports ties and understands rubber compounds and tubeless technologies. Enter the PZero Race TLR Tire, a tubeless ready design optimal for fast training in all conditions, as well as straight out racing when an all-around tire will be more effective and reliable than the Race TLR SL speed tire.
Opting for a multi-layer casing allowed Pirelli to make the 120tpi PZero Race TLR more supple than one would expect, while still delivering abrasion and puncture protection. This TechWALL+ road carcass is able to improve overall reliability without adding major weight. The strong yet supple uses thinner cut resistant layers, plus a more standard center zone puncture belt, ensuring bead to bead abrasion protection with impressive puncture resistance. Use of tire sealant only enhances the design- the design is not reliant on sealant for base protection.
The clincher PZero Velo pretty much nailed rubber and tread, but Pirelli was able to improve both inherent grip and wet weather hold of the proven inverted FGD tread pattern. The SmartEVO rubber compound is a new formulation and manages to keep the same low rolling resistance and reliability of the clincher while still improving overall performance that favors the lower riding pressures engendered by tubeless use. Pirelli has truly taken their great clincher design as a direct inspiration, but created a fully functional tubeless ready version with it's own technologies and construction. We expect the PZero Race TLR Tire to grab market share quickly, not because of Pirelli's reputation, but due to real performance and capabilities that are the result of earned experience and engineering.Return to Top
- Road Tubeless tire for 4-season use with cycling specific technology, design, and features
- Best for all-around road use, can be used safely on transitional surfaces, light gravel
- 120tpi TechWALL+ Road carcass improves reliability against punctures without affecting weight
- Strong yet supple structure formed with multiple cut resistant layers for flexible protection
- Bead to bead abrasion protection, greater puncture protection under center tread zone
- SmartEVO Compound is a new formulation that enhances already excellent performance
- Formula mixes three different polymers to deliver better grip on both wet & dry surfaces, while also having low rolling resistance and good damping qualities
- Tread is evolution of the P ZERO™ Velo Functional Groove Design, with better all conditions grip complementing water displacement
- Engineered inverted lightning bolt tread pattern design effectively reduces noise, delivers grip
- Delivers stability/control with sensational handling feedback
- 700x24&26 sizes are NOT compatible with hookless rims
- 700c Size-Weight: 24mm - 240g | 26mm - 270g | 28mm - 295g, 30mm - 320g (28/30mm 73psi max on hookless rims)
- Color: Black