Pirelli keeps expanding their cycling tire line-up, even in traditional clinchers, which based on sales, many cyclists still enjoy. The P Zero Road Tire has been specifically developed as a training tire cyclists from everyday enthusiasts to World Tour riders. To accomplish the combination of durability, protection and performance training cyclists require for base and race building efforts, Pirelli designed this new clincher with their EVO rubber compound and 127 TPI TechBELT casing technology to deliver puncture protection, reliability and comfort at light weight with exceptional grip and feel.
The EVO Compound high-tech formulation provides excellent grip and low rolling resistance at the same time, while offering a great balance of mileage and all-round performances. It features an inverted tread pattern with the iconic alternating lightning pattern from the P Zero™ family for wet or dry pavement speed and control, with grip inherent to the compound. The 127 TPI casing offers a supple base and Pirelli uses an approach that wraps the aramid bead on each side, then the two woven sheets overlap, creating a double layer at the center zone of the tires. It is augmented by TechBELT which provides puncture protection against small and mid-size infiltrators that manage to get through the rubber and overlapped casing.
The light yet flexible casing structure doesn't suffer from the added layer of high cut resistant fabric, because the belt itself is flexible despite it's protection level, making the P Zero Road clincher tire an excellent option for high level training and distance riding.Return to Top
- Clincher training tire with real overall performance, grip, durability and protection
- Advanced EVO rubber compound and evolved casing ensure level of grip and feel that exceeds expectation
- Effective on both wet and dry surfaces, with low rolling resistance, high mileage and ride damping comfort
- Result is superior handling that builds rider confidence and overall safety
- TechBELT casing features 127 TPI flexible woven casing structure with an added layer of high cut resistant center belt fabric
- Iconic Pirelli lightning bolt inverted tread pattern aids grip, traction and cornering control; expels water
- Pressure range, all sizes: 87-116 psi
- Size | Weight: 700x24 | 215g, 700x26 | 235g, 700x28 | 255g
- Color: Black