Pirelli P Zero Velo Road Tire
The PZero Road Tire is Pirelli's best all-around rated clincher tire. It is no mean feat to create a great tire that rates highly for rolling resistance, mileage, puncture protection, wet grip and comfort as one of your first new bike tires, but this is Pirelli, a company with years of premium tire development and construction at the highest levels of motorsports. Still, we are talking about bike tires, which operate at slower speeds, higher pressure, and have very different overall requirements. In search of excellence and innovation, Pirelli's design and engineering team turned to expert cyclists, riding thousands of miles across different countries and in varying weather conditions, to ensure that the Pirelli bike tires meet their own standards and every cyclist's expectations.
The rubber and tread system of any tire creates and ensures performance. By engineering the tread and rubber systems together, Pirelli has been able to deliver the PZero as a lightweight, race-level clincher than be trained on daily. Three innovative technologies are incorporated to achieve this: SmartNET Silica, Functional Groove Design (FGD), and Internal Contour Shaping (ICS). The silica compound delivers reliable grip in both dry and wet conditions, and delivers high rolling efficiency, thanks to its natural anisotropic orientation, which reduces heating while increasing elasticity. FGD is designed for extraordinary cycling comfort and water drainage. The narrow angle at the center of the tire footprint ensures wear regularity, while the wider lateral angle provides confidence and responsiveness at bend apex. The inverted lightning bolt shoulder-wall pattern design effectively reduces noise and helps to drain water, for a smooth cycling experience. The FGD progressive groove depth allows cyclists to enjoy high mileage and swift handling reaction. ICS utilizes different crown/sidewall radius and textile designed to match optimal footprint contour; which delivers stability/control with sensational handling feedback with an ideal tire shape.
All this innovation is integrated with some fairly standard, yet incredibly effective existing cycling tire technology. A 127 tpi casing is supple and reactive, and it is protected not only by the rubber compound, but also by a lightweight and flexible aramid fiber belt that can stop punctures, but also is abrasion resistant. This combination of proven technology, engineering innovation, material science and years of high-level tire development come together to lead Pirelli into the highly select, top tier of bicycle tire manufacturers.
- Road clincher tire with cycling specific technology, design, and features inspired by and derived from Pirelli's long, celebrated history in motorsports
- Top all-around tire: rated 4/5 for weight, rolling resistance, wet grip, mileage, comfort and puncture resistance
- Tread incorporates three Pirelli technologies: SmartNet Silica, FGS, ICS
- Pirelli’s SmartNET™ Silica compound delivers reliable grip in both dry and wet conditions
- Delivers high rolling efficiency, due to natural anisotropic orientation, which reduces heating while increasing elasticity
- Compound features microscopic rod-shaped particles, that are arranged systematically, not randomly, creating a strong, long-lasting tire
- FGD (Functional Groove Design) delivers extraordinary cycling comfort and water displacement
- Engineered inverted lightning bolt tread pattern design effectively reduces noise, delivers grip
- ICS (Ideal Contour Shaping) utilizes different crown and sidewall radius and textile designed to match optimal footprint contour; delivers stability/control with sensational handling feedback
- Lightweight, flexible aramid fiber puncture protection over supple 127 tpi casing
- Size-Weight: 700x23 - 195g | 700x25 - 205g | 700x28 - 230g
- Color: Black, Black/Para