Ritchey Carbon WCS Cyclocross Disc Brake Fork
The push to tapered steerer tubes and disc brakes for cyclocross went hand in hand, leaving cyclists with straight 1⅛" steerer tubes in the lurch. Most disc cross forks that preceded tapered designs were heavy due to aluminum or steel steering tubes, of low quality, or overbuilt to handle the braking forces and load of disc brake stopping power. Ritchey, which has long offered lightweight full carbon road and cross forks disagreed, and the result is the 440 gram, full carbon 1⅛" Carbon WCS Cyclocross Disc Brake Fork. So if you have longed to upgrade, replace, or convert to a high quality, lightweight disc cross fork, you not only have an option, but a great option.
This fork was engineered from the ground up to handle the unique stresses a disc brakes creates. The fork leg designs are slightly triangular-shaped, to resist both torsion and braking load at the dropout. Deflection is minimal, and leg stiffness under braking is impressive. Performance is optimized for 1⅛" steerer tubes. You get stiffness and handling that feels right on your bike. The monocoque carbon construction includes full carbon 100mm QR drop-outs, disc mounts and steerer.
The post mount disc design is compatible for 140-160mm rotors. Ritchey conveniently molds an integrated 45° crown race to simplify installation and is compatible with standard and integrated headsets (make sure the headset you plan to use works with a 45°crown race). The 395mm axle to crown measurement is typical for cross frame designs. Ritchey provides the necessary carbon steerer compression plug. The bottom line is that this is an ideal disc-compatible fork upgrade or replacement for a 1⅛" frame. You will love the lightweight performance the Ritchey Carbon WCS Cyclocross Disc Brake Fork.
- High quality, full carbon, disc brake fork for 1⅛" steerer cross bikes
- Monocoque UD Carbon construction, post mount disc tabs
- Integrated 45° headset crown race molded into fork crown design
- Compatible with standard and integrated headsets (that use a 45° crown race)
- Single zip-tie tab for front disc caliper cable routing
- Curved triangular shape fork legs resist torsion and deflection from riding and braking
- 300mm fork steerer length
- Axle to crown: 395mm
- Max rotor size: 160mm
- Full carbon 9/100mm quick release drop outs
- Rake: 45mm
- Full carbon post-style disc brake mount
- Compression plug included
- Matte UD Carbon finish
- Weight: 440 grams (uncut steerer)