Ritchey Classic Headset
This is the Classic line version of the Comp-level Logic Headset, which is still one of the most popular, cost-effective headsets for replacement or rehabbing a frame with a headtube for a straight 1&frac18" fork steerer. The standard press-in cups are made from machined aluminum and Ritchey uses angular contact ball bearings in stainless steel for easy service and cleaning. The upper bearings carry little load and are smaller diameter, while the lowers are more traditional, carrying the heavier load.
The HP Silver finish scheme is bring used across a range of components to achieve and old school style and visual effect that was largely marginalized when black finishes came to dominate. There have always been retro options, but RItchey's Classic line includes older and newer component styles, as well as great pricing to allow you to build an older frameset with a full silver look.
- Silver finish, press in cup style, traditional threadless headset for 1⅛"/28.6mm steerers
- Designed for durable use, value; matches the Classic line HP Silver scheme
- Angular contact stainless steel ball bearings, double sealed system
- Smaller upper bearings, larger lower bearings matched to load
- Traditional press-in type aluminum cup design, aluminum top cap
- Stack height above head tube: 19 mm
- Below head tube distance: 14mm
- S.H.I.S. EC34/28.6 | EC34/30 silver
- Finish: HP Silver
- Weight: 135 grams (complete)