Ritchey Comp Ergo Max Alloy Handlebar
The evolution of Ritchey handlebars continues with the Comp ErgoMax. This new bar enjoys a rich history of handlebar design and development, and combines it with the modern demands of discerning riders who enjoy riding varying surfaces. Designed to enhance control and comfort when riding along loose surfaces, the ErgoMax is ideal for a gravel bike since it places the hands in a wider, more stable position while in the drops. The ErgoMax is just as perfectly situated on road bikes that are built for endurance, its ergonomics delivering unparalleled comfort.
The bar tops employ a 10mm rise at the clamping area, which offers a slightly more upright riding position. They are then ovalized and have a slight 4-degree rearward sweep to more evenly distribute the weight of the rider's hands and wrists, also putting them in a more natural position. Continuing with an eye towards ergonomics, the ErgoMax also features drops with a nice 12-degree flare to keep the rider's hands in a comfortable and confident position, while also adding a bit more unobstructed stability when turning or sprinting. Technically, the 6061 aluminum alloy bar features compact dimensions with a 73mm reach and 128mm drop. The 31.8mm diameter clamp bar is Di2 wiring compatible and available 40, 42, 44 and 46mm widths, measured center to center at the lever mount zone. The bar is wider at the drop ends from the flare.
- Ergonomic handlebar ideal for allroad conditions and cyclists who require positional variety, quick transitions, and stability
- Places the hands in a wider, more stable position while in the drops
- 10mm rise at the clamping area, which offers a slightly more upright riding position
- Ovalized top section for hand and wrist comfort
- Reach / Drop: 73mm / 128mm
- Drop Flare: 12°
- Flare out: 3°
- Sweep: 4°
- Width size / Overall width: 40/48.3, 42/50.3, 44/52.3, 46/52.3 cm
- Finish: BB Black
- Weight: 320g (42cm)